Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 02:43 AM

Default Re: WHY GOD WHY

Not totally true of course, but I imagine a large, large number of skin players were actually grinders who wanted RB, so I think it's trimming the fat to say the least.
Old 10-09-2005, 07:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not totally true of course, but I imagine a large, large number of skin players were actually grinders who wanted RB, so I think it's trimming the fat to say the least.

[/ QUOTE ]

or just guys like me that might beat say the 30 for a little played the 10/20 6 max or 109s sngs and used rakeback as about 25% of the income and paid the bills with it. now...bah.
Old 10-09-2005, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The only solution to this is getting tanked off of my ass tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 10-09-2005, 03:22 PM

Andy - ever try Young's double chocolate stout? My borther gave me one about two hours ago, and I was going to save it for a special occasion. With this news, I think its going down the hatch almost right away.

Do we stud players have any real alternative? Poof goes rakeback! Damn!
Old 10-09-2005, 05:59 PM

Where are the real men on this forum? Beer...beer....and beer? Dosent one of you wusses drink a mans drink? I want to hear someone tell me they're going to the bar tonight to take shots of Jack all night with chasers of Wild Turkey. Beer is for light weights who arent true alcoholics yet. You all are little girls. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike Emery
Old 10-09-2005, 06:14 PM

Pokerroom only occasionally has 3/6 or higher. I would say there is a 3/6 or 4/8 game running about 20-25% of the time. Prima never runs any limit stud game .5/1 or higher, but they have pretty high PL/NL stud running almost all the time. Occasionally they have super high PL/NL stud as well.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:21 PM

Rakeback? FEH, i say. People became too dependent on rakeback. ANd too many people think that they are truly successful poker players because of it, although in many cases it is probably the rakeback that keeps them above 0 degrees centegrade.

I say eliminate rakeback altogether adn just focus on what we are there for, playing poker and doing the best we can and hopefully winning.

Too much whinning about rakeback. Whine instead about the earthquake that just killed over 20,000. now, that's simething to be sad about.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
tell me they're going to the bar tonight to take shots of Jack all night with chasers of Wild Turkey.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure I just threw up a little
Old 10-09-2005, 07:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Where are the real men on this forum? Beer...beer....and beer? Dosent one of you wusses drink a mans drink? I want to hear someone tell me they're going to the bar tonight to take shots of Jack all night with chasers of Wild Turkey. Beer is for light weights who arent true alcoholics yet. You all are little girls. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Mike Emery

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, you're a little boy. I'd own you at the bar and at the tables. And, if you'd ever like a mixed heads up challenge where we incorporate mass alcohol consumption coupled with some poker, I'd be more than willing to battle you drink for drink, fishy reraise bluff for fishy reraise bluff.
Old 10-09-2005, 08:59 PM

Haven't tried that one. I've only recently started drinking stout again. I've been on an Irish music kick, and Guinness is the best thing available in some of those venues, although I prefer Murphy's and Beamish. The oatmeal stout at Town Hall Brewery in Minneapolis is very good too.

Mmmmmm....beer.