Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 04:06 PM

Default Re: 99 in the big blind heads up against PFR

[ QUOTE ]
I would only 3-bet PF if I thought there was any way he'd fold to an undercard flop. Otherwise, I'd probably call. I don't see much value in a c/r on the flop; I'd take this to be a situation where I'd c/r a safe card on the turn, and c/f a card like the one that came.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a very tight-weak approach to this hand and I strongly disapprove.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:07 PM

You should 3-bet PF because you very likely have the best hand and you want to get value for it.

- Jim
Old 10-12-2005, 04:17 PM

thanks W, I think I'm convinced that a PFR is correct here.

assuming you take the line I took and the turn and river are a Q and K, you think a call down is correct?

also, did you notice the raising range that I gave in a later post? You keep reiterating that he is raising light, but I really dont think his range is that wide.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

assuming you take the line I took and the turn and river are a Q and K, you think a call down is correct?

also, did you notice the raising range that I gave in a later post? You keep reiterating that he is raising light, but I really dont think his range is that wide.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously against a KQT board you are pretty much screwed, it's just that I really hate having to fold at any point in this hand. At that point you probably just have to fold and then put in for a table change.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously against a KQT board you are pretty much screwed, it's just that I really hate having to fold at any point in this hand. At that point you probably just have to fold and then put in for a table change.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok thanks -- this is about what I figured.

if I put in for a table change I think I would need my head examined. this particular hand was by far an exception to the rule -- this table was very juicy even by FW 10/20 standards.