Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: Number of hands played

Nobody has really addressed the idea that this was a SnG, so let me try.

For at least the first few levels, in my opinion the idea is to play only the best starting hands. You should be folding much more than you are playing. And you also need to readily get away from hands if you don't hit the flop squarely, particularly if you are going to do a little "speculating" and play a little looser pre-flop. In the long run, this strategy should allow you to accumulate chips so that you can beat down the smaller stacks in the later rounds, which is when you will make your big chip jumps. Of course, there will be times when you will get terribly few playable starting hands, or you will miss every flop, and you will be in a hole that you can't get out of, as appears to have happened to you here. It happens. But play O8 SnGs like this and in the long run you will make money. There are plenty of dummies out there that do not understand the unimportance of playing hands early and who will pay you off when you hit your nuts, while they make an early exit.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:08 PM

Default Re: Number of hands played

Playable, in order of preference. 1.QsJcAc2s 2.2dKsAh6d 3.AdKc7s2 4.AsJh3d4c 5.7c3d4d2d 6.ThTcQd9c 7.Jh9sQc9h 8.ThAs6h3h. These last 3 are beginning to get pretty marginal. I consider 9.4cAdQh4s & 10.Ad8c5h6c to be sub-marginal.