Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2005, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Q9 in the big blind

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure what I'd have done if I had missed on the turn. If only MP2 had called I would have tempted to take another shot at it, but I doubt if I would have. It wouldn't have surprised me to see him call down with very little, and the pot was itty-bitty.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't mind taking a stab at the pot on the flop. You win the pot often and if you're behind there are 8 cards that often improves your hand to the best (K's 8's Q's non [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]). But I think you might have to give up on the turn when you don't know where you're at. A bet won't win the pot on the turn near as often as on the flop I think. If a players calls the flop he's often looking for a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and will see the river no matter what. To bluff this pot you then need to bet the turn AND river. I don't think that would be profitable.

Usually players calls the flop but folds to the bigger turn bet which is why it's often mandatory to follow up a bluff by also betting the turn. In this case I don't think that's a good idea. Would be interesting to hear someone elses opinion about this...