Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2004, 11:39 AM

Default Re: Site Review - Doylesroom

I haven't looked but it's almost sure a Golden/Victor skin. Your example doesn't say much without details, looks pretty normal to me to call some all in with 4S and 2OC, the only problem was that it was only ten high (with a call). That site has however had and still has players who can do stuff like calling all in a pot size flop bet vs. a preflop raiser in a full ring game, having just AJ overcards, something that's there at the beginning of the evolution of big bet holdem. The quality of play has been getting better with time but no surprise to see some loose play. They probably require paper work when you cash out your winnings, Golden does, taking maybe two weeks.
Old 09-27-2004, 11:49 AM

I played a VC skin, I was required to fax my credit card (I refused because i didnt use CC for deposit which added about 7 day hassle), drivers license and 2 utility bills, it took a second try because of the usual "We didnt get it" BS. In the end it took 23 days to get my cashout which was exactly the amount of my deposit, all the while getting reverse your cashout bonus offers, although the games were soft and easy they failed my quick test on how fast and hassle free cashouts were, they lost my business forever.
Old 09-27-2004, 01:30 PM

I spent the last week accumulating 10,000 Action Points for a free copy of Super System 2 and I found Doyle's Room to be an average small site. Any game I was in was very soft, including some wild games with a couple maniacs who'd cap everything preflop and on the flop. The sit and goes are pretty soft too. The difference between the Speed and Turbo SNGs is that in Speed, the level goes up every three minutes and in Turbo, the level goes up every minute. The Turbos are a total crapshoot, so I didn't bother with them.

There is usually some ring game action at the 1/2 level (1-3 tables) and occasionally a 2/4 game. I don't play higher than that, but I have seen their 3/6 and 4/8 games going, and it seems like there is always a 5/10 or 10/20.

The Action Points add up really fast if you play 2/4, and pretty fast still if you stick to 1/2. If you want the free copy of Super System 2 that they're offering, I'd recommend playing there, but otherwise, I don't see much of a reason to play there. While the games are fishy, the software is nothing special and yesterday the server crashed for about an hour (according to some of the regulars, this happens often). I am waiting on my cashout (requested it last night) and I'll post if there's any problems.
Old 09-29-2004, 12:18 AM

Actually, they have been having server problems, but I see that as a good sign, they are growing, every site I have played had problems like that. I remember party cancelling some pretty big tourney's about a year ago. They had to restrict site access while they were playing any way.

DR has continous cash free rolls too. And every time there is a crash, they add more. This week was the first time on the 3 I had been playing there I have seen problems but I had also seen a jump in traffic.
Old 11-13-2004, 04:58 PM

As an update, DR just added 50/100 limit and 3/6NL. One table each. Doyle and Mike Caro are supposed to play from time to time, but I have not seen them yet.

The rake on the 50/100 table looks like it caps at 4 bucks! They are both table have good games going right now.
Old 11-13-2004, 05:52 PM

This seems like an excellent whoring. Does anyone have more information about accumulating these "action points". The website is rather vague in its description (included below). Any players comments would be greatly appreciated.

Neteller Bonus Percentage 35%
Maximum Bonus Amount $140.00
(with a deposit of $400, or more)
Action Points Required 13,500

How Action Points are awarded
A pool of Action Points is generated per hand. Each time a bet is made, the Action Points pool increases.
So, the larger the pot, the more Action Points there will be *.
The available points per pot will be distributed to all players who are dealt a hand in the pot on a pro-rated (percentage) basis.
The more you bet, the larger your share of the hand's available Action Points will be -- and it doesn't matter whether you win or lose the pot!
Currently, Action Points awarded for tournament fees are credited towards the Action Points usable for freeroll entries and prizes.
* For every real money hand that is dealt a maximum of 300 Action Points will be awarded.
Old 11-13-2004, 06:50 PM

I never figured out exactly how the points are awarded. However, I cleared the bonus in probably 10 hours. I played everything, then settled on the .25/.50 and .50/1 NL games. I seem to remember getting around 180 points for a pot that was over $50. I was playing two tables much of the time. Anyway, there is a NL Omaha/8 game with a tiny buyin of maybe $5, and the blinds are .05/.10 and the players are terrible. I played for about an hour and got a lot of points there, and won some cash. When I reached my bonus, I quit, but will play there again after my latest rash of bonus and the OIC. Be prepared to play some very weak, but lucky players.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2004, 02:31 PM

One cool feature I just noticed, the hand you folded is displayed in the lower right corner through-out the hand.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:33 PM

I know this is old, but thanks for the review. I listed you (or at least this same username) as my referral.

One thing they should probably fix is, attempting to register a username that's already taken gives this wonderfully incoherent message:

[ QUOTE ]

microsoft ole db provider for odbc drivers error '80040e14'

[microsoft][odbc sql server driver][sql server]delete statement conflicted with column reference constraint 'fk_affiliates_badcodes_players'. the conflict occurred in database 'new_platinum'

[/ QUOTE ]

The scary thing is, if i knew more about their database structure i could probably have troubleshot what was going on, but instead i just guessed and fixed the problem. The marvelous user-friendliness of such a message is matched only by its hacker-friendliness -- i'm not a webmaster, but as i understand it giving hackers the names of objects in your schema/structure isn't something you want to do.

Maybe i'll overcome my laziness and email them about it one day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 08:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I know this is old, but thanks for the review. I listed you (or at least this same username) as my referral.

One thing they should probably fix is, attempting to register a username that's already taken gives this wonderfully incoherent message:

[ QUOTE ]

microsoft ole db provider for odbc drivers error '80040e14'

[microsoft][odbc sql server driver][sql server]delete statement conflicted with column reference constraint 'fk_affiliates_badcodes_players'. the conflict occurred in database 'new_platinum'

[/ QUOTE ]

The scary thing is, if i knew more about their database structure i could probably have troubleshot what was going on, but instead i just guessed and fixed the problem. The marvelous user-friendliness of such a message is matched only by its hacker-friendliness -- i'm not a webmaster, but as i understand it giving hackers the names of objects in your schema/structure isn't something you want to do.

Maybe i'll overcome my laziness and email them about it one day. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy sh*t, batman. Any MSSQL developer worth his/her salt could have a field day with this if properly motivated.