Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2005, 04:15 PM

Default Re: Odds to call w/72o

1) I'd call on the button getting 8 1/2-1 with one card.

2) When the button open minraises and the SB folds, one play I will make is flat call then bet 2/3 pot regardless of the flop, or re-raise PF and if he flat calls bet 2/3 pot on flop (depending on my stack size)
I will usually only call PF then check the flop if I want to c/r a flush draw or weak top pair.

How's my lines in #2?

Regards,
Woodguy
Old 01-24-2005, 04:59 PM

This is an interesting post and discussion - but when I first saw the subject line I was afraid that calling with 72 os was going to become the new folding with AA.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is an interesting post and discussion - but when I first saw the subject line I was afraid that calling with 72 os was going to become the new folding with AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought about from that perspective. Hopefully people who post here a lot know that I usually try and bring up interesting discussions or at least valid questions and we can get some good thoughts.

In the past, I don't think I've played aggressively enough in some spots. Woodguy, your comments in the PM actually got me thinking about that quite a bit. So I'm looking at opportunities to be more aggressive and win more pots. These situations (well, perhaps not the first scenario but a variation thereof and certainly the second) come up a lot and I think a certain amount of aggression is +EV even if you lose some hands.