Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: the fat dude with K9offsuit

[ QUOTE ]
The button raised to $275, the small blind called, and Chris "Jesus" Ferguson reraised $1,000 more to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
BB comes over the top with a massive reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a massive re-raise fwiw.

It's a reasonable play because a short-stacked Ferguson in the BB could easily be playing a marginal hand this way that he would throw-away to an all-in.

Ferguson raises to EITHER try to take it...OR determine if he thinks his hand is really best here.
If Ferguson has A9 here he could possibly play it the same way....except he would fold to the all-in.

(also - I did not see the hand. was on the phone. just going off of what i've read here).
Old 10-18-2005, 11:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy was just a slack jawed yoka named bubba from the deep south. everything about him appeared redneck retard. from the way he talks, to his wife beater, to his fatness, to his haircut, and those tats.

[/ QUOTE ]
wtf are you talking about? nice read, but the guy's from ny. and fwiw, i've played with him at local ny clubs and in atlantic city, he's been a pleasant guy at the tables as far as i've observed, even after getting sucked out on some brutal beats.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:10 AM

If hes getting brutal beats Id love to play with the clowns that bad beat him
What happened their king 8 knock off his k9?
Old 10-19-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i can remember thinking this guy was some hick azz redneck retard. first he makes a mind numbing dumb play, then makes a stupid speech about how he doesn't care if he loses since he won a seat through a sat. then he does the typically no class hooting and hollering when he flops 2 pair. then yells like a fuking tard when the river card falls thinking he won. this guy was just a slack jawed yoka named bubba from the deep south. everything about him appeared redneck retard. from the way he talks, to his wife beater, to his fatness, to his haircut, and those tats.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to assume you've never been to the East Coast, or the South. This is really retarded.

NT
Old 10-19-2005, 01:39 AM

I've played against him as well in the local clubs in the NY area and he was pretty much a donkey.

Also, don't book his sports-betting action. He's tried to welch before but failed and got tracked down.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played against him as well in the local clubs in the NY area and he was pretty much a donkey.

Also, don't book his sports-betting action. He's tried to welch before but failed and got tracked down.

[/ QUOTE ]
thanks for the headsup. btw, i wasn't commenting on whether he's any good as a player, just relating the observation that he didn't fly off the handle or anything after a bad-beat, and didn't seem to me to deserve the stream of insults the other poster unleashed.
Old 10-19-2005, 02:29 AM

This forum is a joke for a reason.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how donkey? donkey enough to get 173k and 50th place?
i don't know how these guys do it...i guess luck takes them a long long ways.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, clearly that is the case.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, clearly that is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't discount that he could've made 50th by getting lucky. I've met the guy, but never played poker with him. Friends who have say he's a donk.