Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2004, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Low Limit in Vegas

Excalibur, Monte Carlo and Mandalay Bay.

The Palms is very smokey, and many don't care
for the place, but I've always had a great time
there. BTW, the Monte Carlo has a microbrewery
so tasty brews are available in the cardroom.

To further define this question, are CW's a factor?
Old 09-05-2004, 02:06 AM

No, I'm not kidding. I played at the Mirage and had to wait a freakin hour for a table, got sucked out at the Nugget all night long, the Plaza was ok but only had 1/2 tables, Binion's was full of teenagers so I didn't even bother. Sam's town was perfect. That and the 4 Queens Poker Classic which was so easy I could have played it in my sleep. After 4 hours and a nice chip lead I had to quit because my crying, baby husband wanted to go home after he busted out in the 1st ten minutes. That totally sucked. Next time he's on his own.
Old 09-05-2004, 04:08 AM

just because you took some bad beats does not mean it was a bad game. just think about if it had gone your way and you walked away with a huge win. you'd probably be singing another tune.

i think most people here consider a game full of loose callers a good game.

sucks about the tourney, you should have told him to take a walk.

[ QUOTE ]
No, I'm not kidding. I played at the Mirage and had to wait a freakin hour for a table, got sucked out at the Nugget all night long, the Plaza was ok but only had 1/2 tables, Binion's was full of teenagers so I didn't even bother. Sam's town was perfect. That and the 4 Queens Poker Classic which was so easy I could have played it in my sleep. After 4 hours and a nice chip lead I had to quit because my crying, baby husband wanted to go home after he busted out in the 1st ten minutes. That totally sucked. Next time he's on his own.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-06-2004, 12:27 AM

Played a lot at Bally's new room last week and it was surprisingly good. Mostly 2-4 with 1 4-8 game and 1 NL 1-2 game. Lots of calling stations and a low rake (10% with a $3.50 cap). I also like Mirage's 3-6 games.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:55 AM

I just got back from vegas and stayed/played at the golden nugget. Very soft, good 4/8 game. They also have 2/4, 10/20 and 1/2 NL.
Old 09-06-2004, 09:19 AM

You can play 4/8 everywhere, including Bellagio. Binion's has 2/4. I am not sure who is running 3/6 these days.
Old 09-06-2004, 04:23 PM

Default Last night at Mandelay

Played at Mandelay last night for about 10 hours at the 4/8. Not one chopped blind, not once capped preflop and 6-8 seeing the flop every time. Lots of loose-passive calling stations who don't raise without the nuts. This was the quintessential good game. So what happened? I played like crap, tried to bluff the unbluffable and finished the night up a pathetic $11. So many players bought in, busted out, rebought, busted out again, that the table was piled with their chips, all of which sat in the stacks of three complete Magoos at the other end of the table who kept stumbling backward into backdoor flushes and gutshots (plus calling down my missed AK with me pressing to the river, with a board of QJ538 and having called two cold holding T3o).
Old 09-06-2004, 04:47 PM

Do rich tourists burn alot of money in 3-6 and 4-8?
Old 09-06-2004, 05:29 PM

Default Re: Last night at Mandelay

Milo ...

Can't wait. Two days and counting. Anything more firm on the proposed game Wednesday at Excalibur?
Old 09-06-2004, 06:06 PM

Default Re: Last night at Mandelay

Are you sure the Magoos weren't just calling you down with good pot odds/implied odds?

Whenever I'm in Vegas, I like to spend at least one session at Mandalay. Usually a great game. Try it drunk sometime! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]