Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: Prima malfunctions-- in my favor.

Where can I find info on that Golden Riviera bonus?
Old 11-09-2005, 11:00 PM

Their site I think, but also bonuswhores.com. Basically you have to deposit (I think $100-- maybe less) then play 140 raked hands. It starts every weekend at 12:01 AM and ends Sunday same time (maybe Greenwich time not Eastern).
Old 11-10-2005, 12:23 AM

Amon had over $2000 on the $200 (PLO8 1/2) table tonight. I guess Prima found a way to pay him back.
Old 11-10-2005, 03:29 AM

You are right, Drizztdj, it was not a sound play on my behalf, but I was calling the original raise to see a flop. Come the surprise reraise courtesy of Prima Poker Software bug, I was too committed to lay my hand down.

Now are Prima going to sort this out?
Old 11-10-2005, 10:10 AM

So you don't think the "good karma" switch that Prima threw for you last night was enough? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

10 buyins up in a session on the $200 table is a lot.

Although my initial reaction was that they should credit you, I think your only protection there was to fold and ask for a refund for the $10-- or $45, depending on the rules for my first re-raise-- that you had already committed to the hand when the malfunction occured. Once you decide to gamble, I think you take your chances. Clearly if you win the hand you keep my money. I don't think Prima can "indemnify" you in that situation if you decide to gamble.

According to 2 dimes, you were only a 60/40 dog to my hand heads up (removing the "dead" cards from the other players hands). So your call was probably correct.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:31 PM

I don't know what prima is going to do but I would think your best argument is getting that allin call you made preflop refunded. I don't know their policy on such matters mainly cause it hasn't happened to me.

I was at amons table last night but we didn't get involved in any meaningful pot with each other. Maybe next time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That was one really juicy table though.