Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2005, 03:48 PM

Default Re: Update on my party points

[ QUOTE ]
I'm rooting for you Bob. I just hope Party doesn't screw you in the end.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party won't screw him because he will not be one of the first people to accumulate that many points.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:45 PM

Hey Bob,

You must be playing a lot of hands. All the points I have come from deposits. I got 1000 points for depositing $1000.
Do you actually have to play to get 30K points?

gl,
Hung
Old 02-03-2005, 07:07 PM

GL.

They should give you the trip for creating that much rake [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

SWUSC
Old 02-03-2005, 07:39 PM

GL Bob and I hope you get on this cruise!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2005, 08:26 PM

Hey Bob. You still seem to manage your high posting quota, despite working your bottoms off. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

If not for earning 30k points, you deserve to win it for your qualitative (and quantitative) posting history.

Good luck!

Adde
Old 02-04-2005, 12:45 AM

Okay all -

Recently woke-up and am ready to plug away until 1pm (central) tomorrow). Still getting myself moving and rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

Day 1 - 4800 pts (approx)
Day 2 - 7992 pts (not quite to my estimate of 8k...but I'll take it)

So I have officially a total of 12828 points after 2 days.
Day 3 is over in less than an hour.
I got a ton of hands in during the happy hours...possibly more than on Day 2.
And obviously a few hands outside the Happyhours period.

I'm hoping for 8.2k points for day 3 which would put me at 21k total and in position to have a REALLY massive Friday for 9k points I could wrap it up by 11p (central..which is midnight eastern obviously).

So...if I can get there after only 4 days I should have a shot (although probably not a huge one obviously).

I've been seeing one player specifically on a LOT of my tables during odd hours, etc who I suspect might be trying to get this too. He might be a 2+2'er as he has really good stats.

I'm not up as much as I would like after so many hands...but I am up, which is better than down, so I'm not complaining.
I know I have been costing myself BB's when I've been really tired...
"oh....did he raise??"
"i have top-pair...oh goodie. Oh wait the board is A8574 on the board...I didn't see that a 6 would give him the straight, i need to slow-down. Hang on again...I'm holding a 6 so I have the straight, didn't see that!!"

That last hand and thought-process actually happened by the way. "crap...be afraid of the straight...no wait...I have the straight."

My pokertracker databases are kind of split up now but I'm guessing around 20k hands for the 4days or so.
I've continued to get near 400 hds/hr per 4 tables.

I don't know what the average rake is on 10/20 6-max....but if we assume $0.33/hr ($2 rake divided by 6 players) then for 20k hands that's $6600 in rake Party has suckered out of me playing this.

golly.
Amazing to think that if they made the tables rake-free I could just fork over $3k to them at the beginning of the week and actually do BETTER on the deal.

Obviously this isn't ALL cruise-related. I would have played SOME hands during the week anyway and would have paid rake on those.
and I like how I was able to use this thing to motivate myself to play more.
My previous struggles where I would procrastinate sitting at the tables and would just wax philosophic on 2+2 on my blog instead of just getting in 1k hands in a day seems kind of silly now.

In just 4 tables I can get in 1k hands in a hard 2.6 hours.
At 2BB/100 that's $400/day....or $2k/wk for around 3 hours of work a day X 5 days.

Anyway, yes...party certainly profited handsomely off of me.

Another hypothetical...there's no way I would have played this many hands if it weren't for the promotion.
I'm going to admit something really stupid about myself right now that I was reluctant to do before...but in the sake of honesty here goes:

I currently have no rake-back on party...whereas I get 22.5% on Empire.
If my previous estimate of paying $6600 in rake for my 20k hands is accurate then I would have gotten back $1485 in rake if I had paid all these hands on Empire.

Since I estimate my chances of getting the $12k package to be about 10% that roughly makes it even EV for me.

Essentially,

I'm 'spending' the $1400 that I WOULD have gotten in rake-back on a skin for a 10% chance at a $12k prize-package.
So from that perspective this whole exercise definitely feels kind of silly.

but...it is also kind of moot because there's no way I could have been motivated to do all this without the pacific waters calling me.

BTW - i received a PM from someone who says they got a hold of an 'insider' there who assures him that not all 20 of the seats have been claimed yet.

It seems there's a lot of gossip going on that they've ALL been taken...they were all taken on the first day...they still probably have a couple available...etc etc.

I don't get it. I don't think there's much chance that anybody on here really knows if they are still available or not so it's kind of ridiculous to speculate.

Along with all the posts in the threads I have also received several PM's and comments in my blog wishing me good luck on this.
I was kind of reluctant to admit that I was going to try for this because I KNEW it was kind of stupid...and I KNEW that everyone here KNEW it was kinda stupid.
but the support I've received has been fantastic and has probably helped keep me going.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:53 AM

Hope the good luck keeps up with you Bob. My main reason for making my Party is Stupid post was because I was pissed knowing you were going for this and would probably get screwed out of it.

Hope once you hit your 30k Party finds a spot for you on the cruise!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:57 AM

Good luck! I hope you get it today (Friday). BTW, where is your blog?
Old 02-04-2005, 01:13 AM

Keep it up Bob, I'm rooting for ya. Don't listen to the rumors going around that all 20 spots are taken, they were probably started by other multi-tablers trying to get others to drop out.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:13 AM

I haven't been updating it as much lately...but there's plenty of slightly older content.

bobspokerblog.blogspot.com