Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Kanter? woopdeedoooo!

I think it'll be shown but he puts in like the 4th raise with K5 on a KT7 board. LOL
Old 11-11-2005, 03:58 PM

Ahh, a new generation of 2+2ers unfamiliar with the power of TV editing and the creation of character types (ie. the Lucky Guy) in telling a story.

-g
Old 11-11-2005, 05:01 PM

I agree that Kanter was the suckout king, and in general didn't play very well, but I can't agree that his play on that particular hand was absolutely horrible.

If he believed Greg had a hand worse than KK, such as a lower overpair like TT, 99, 88, then he has 2 overcards and a 4 flush giving him 6+9=15 outs, plus some fold equity, so its not a horrible semi-bluff, except for the fact it pot commits him and so he should perhaps just move in. Of course, if Raymer also has face cards, like AK, he chucks it to the semi-bluff. If Raymer has Ax and spiked top pair, he probably folds as well.

Unfortunately, he didn't have any of those, and so it wasn't a very good semi-bluff...either because Kanter didn't have a read on what Raymer had or because he had a misread.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:15 PM

Wait til next week, he's got more magic left in him.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:44 PM

And thank god for that. Let them just go straight to the cash games instead of paying off the monstrous tourney fees.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that Kanter was the suckout king, and in general didn't play very well, but I can't agree that his play on that particular hand was absolutely horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

We've seen how many hands that he's played? And you can say he generally played poorly?

From my understanding, he was extremely aggressive. The guy picks two bad spots and suddenly he played not well?

My viewpoint is that he played quite well, was aggressive with position to take pots, but just blundered horribly twice that we've seen, and got lucky on one of them.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the way he called was just a donkish play. he insta called really just on a draw he didnt even have time to see how much Raymer was actually raising.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i would bet that he knew exactly what raymer had before he raised and raised enough to realize that if raymer put him all in that he would be sufficiently committed to the pot where he would have to call. That is why he didnt need to think for 10 minutes like some lesser players would do. He decided before he made that raise, that he was willing to take this hand to the river if raymer didnt fold.

Sometimes you make decisions before the other player acts. This doesnt make him a donk, it makes a smart player who looks 2 or 3 steps ahead.

yes he got lucky against raymer, but do we forget how incredibly lucky raymer got last year? Its a part of a tournament this big.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:09 AM

if he had decided to insta-call raymers push then why not push allin himself. i also wouldnt be calling with Q-high with the intention of trying to take the pot away on the turn against a great player like raymer who reads players very well.
also the stacks werent deep enough to call and make a move on turn for it to be +ev
Old 11-12-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you say "suck out king"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow so true
Old 11-14-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

yes he got lucky against raymer, but do we forget how incredibly lucky raymer got last year? Its a part of a tournament this big.

[/ QUOTE ]

How "incredibly lucky" did Raymer get last year? By that do you mean, "didn't get sucked out on?"