Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Texas Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: Find myself getting sucked out on.

You don't get sucked out on every time or you would have gone broke long ago and quit poker.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:41 AM

Stats are overrated...just go with your gut instinct.

If that doesnt work then I woudl buy a patternmapper, or develop a strategy to pull the phone cord out when you have a draw...no need to put anymore money in!!

A MUST HAVE book selection would be: Playing poker like the pros, The idiots guide to poker(the little yellow book), or any books by chris moneymaker. GOLD!!!

Ummm...buy the first season of TILT on DVD. TIVO all the celebrity poker showdowns, memorize the movie "rounders" and "shade"

Keep posting things like this....specific hands are just retarded and a waste of time. I would also suggest you invest in your bankroll...maybe refinancing your house or getting a personal loan....building it up from scratch just takes too long. Play higher stakes so people will respect your raises..plus play more heads up and three handed to reduce varience. Also you cant expect to make any more than $500,000.00 a year unless you get a second party poker account and play 20 tables at a time. If that doesnt work then just berate the opposing fish until they leave the table, you dont want people calling you down with second pair...they are always at least 60% to beat you on the river. If you have any questions please IM me IMAFISHRU@donkbet.net (not a gambling site)

Good Luck...not that YOU need it, player!!

--did i miss anyting?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly will not say im the best player, or try to act concieted about my poker skills, I have read HOH 1 and Read most of TOP, I have talk with my bud who's probably read almost every book out there and is a great player who if loses is really suprising, he helped me a lot when i did suck, i have tons of knowledge and way more then the people I play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow your bud must be good...really good....know where I can find some?
Old 11-12-2005, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I honestly will not say im the best player, or try to act concieted about my poker skills, I have read HOH 1 and Read most of TOP, I have talk with my bud who's probably read almost every book out there and is a great player who if loses is really suprising, he helped me a lot when i did suck, i have tons of knowledge and way more then the people I play with.

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously think you are good which is ok, its good to be confident but i think you are taking it too far. The best way to improve is to realize maybe your plays were bad and that you werent unlucky. I personally consider myself horrible, i ve cashed 1K in a few tournies but thats it i still do stupid [censored](although your average player will think it was a good move), but im very proud to say i acknowledge that i am not good or that my beats werent such a long shot.

Conclusion: If you arent criticizing your plays and simply blaming it on bad luck then you will never improve and always suck maybe not in your mind though which is fine by me.
Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 AM

You should just start playing terrible hands. That way you have no chance of getting sucked out on. You will always be the one who is handing out bad beats. Make sure to give "bad beat bones" to the losers.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:35 AM

Welcome to poker, it only gets worse.

When the biggest pot you've seen all night gets sucked out on by a guy who cold called 3 bets with Q4o hits runner runner 4's to steal your pot, THEN you have arrived.
Old 11-12-2005, 06:23 AM

not only that, but the variance isn't just bad, it seems to go in patterns. just session after session not winning a single hand, then i practically hit a boat every time. so i still have no idea if i'm even a good player, though PT says i'm a TAG!!

maybe this game will harden my nerves.

my .5/1 sessions in order by date:

oh [censored] poker sucks what am i doing with my life

oh i love this game

[censored] this game in the ass

THANK YOU FISH

i'll quit poker tomorrow i swear

JESUS HAS BLESSED MY HANDS

GOD DAMN MANIACS I HATE THIS GAME
Old 11-12-2005, 07:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If this is happening online, it's rigged...you did know that didn't you?

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you please elaborate for the OP [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-12-2005, 09:31 AM

One thing here is to remember the psychology of getting drawn out on. If someone makes a mistake and still hits his hand, you did the right thing. Heck, you won. Pat yourself on the back for playing good poker, and go play another game. I love getting knocked out on a bad beat. It means I didn't mess up.

There are some things to do to defend yourself, however. If you're betting half the pot, you're giving draws the right implied odds to play against you. If someone insists in playing draws, increase your bets to 2/3 or pot-size. That way, when they miss their draws (which is usually), you'll take all their chips. And that's always fun.

Second, if you have a good hand, especially a pocket pair, put in a good-sized raise pre-flop. That will chase out mose people playing 54s and other annoying drawing hands.

Welcome to poker and good luck.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:12 PM

I appreciate the humor in the rest of your post but this: [ QUOTE ]
I or develop a strategy to pull the phone cord out when you have a draw...no need to put anymore money in!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is not a good idea. Why plant the seed in someone's head on how to cheat? Its such a rampant problem as it is.