Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2004, 05:56 PM

Default Re: My first 2-table SNG on Stars(Warning - Newbie content!)

I would agree with this.

People's inability to adjust to the number of players at the table is the only major difference.

You should take advatange of this by trying to stack build a little bit more when the play is short handed (with 2 tables) and by sitting a bit tighter when at the start of the final table (but don't be afraid to play a good hand - people will be playing worse hands and becoming big stack at the start of the final table can be very beneficial.

My $/hr is nowhere near as good for 2 table as 1 table SnGs, although this is on a relatively small sample and I tend to play my 1table SnGs at Party...so not much of a comparison really. Maybe someone else would like to comment on ROI for 2table SnGs?

Personally I find them pretty slow and boring, and without the $/hr of ring.

Tim
Old 05-28-2004, 07:32 PM

Yes, I agree about player's adjusting. Because of the nature of 2 table tourney's, you start with a full table, go to a mid-sized one (5, 6 players) and then back to a full until eventually you're short-handed again. I think that switch to the final table messes people up.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The winner(nice guy, BTW - we talked a little after the tourney)... said he really liked my play - nice and aggressive, was how he put it. Finally nice to meet another player out there with some courtesy and "personality", rather than some of the dregs that usually inhabit poker tables. To be honest, probably the last 6 guys left were great... best table I think I've ever played at(player-personality-wise).

Made for a very nice 1st time 2-table experience

[/ QUOTE ]

Its nice to hear a person make a post about how they enjoyed playing. I think a lot of posters on here are either not interested or forget that part of playing is for fun. For me its all about fun.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:37 PM

My results after 90 2-tables games at the 22$ level:

ITM: 35.6%, ROI: 52.7%.

Places won (for 1,2,3,4): 9, 10, 5, 8.

Interesting note: after 65 games my ROI was at 81% (I was thinking I'm the new god of poker). But I had a pretty bad run, comparingly, during my last 25 games... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Still, good results, I believe.

I don't play them too much these days, tho, as I stick to the turbos.
Old 05-29-2004, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My $/hr is nowhere near as good for 2 table as 1 table SnGs, although this is on a relatively small sample and I tend to play my 1table SnGs at Party...so not much of a comparison really. Maybe someone else would like to comment on ROI for 2table SnGs?

Tim

[/ QUOTE ]

I did a comparison with about 150 games each and found that my win rate $/hour was less on 2 table. Since then I've more or less given up on 2 table, but I'm thinking of trying them again as some practice for MTT.

One of the things that I didn't like about 2 table was that the 1st place prize was truncated....i.e. the 4th place prize comes entirely out of the 1st place pocket. So if you are a strong player with a better than average expectation of placing 1st, then I felt that the 2 table prize structure penalized you.

Suerte,
Jonathan