Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 03:11 PM

Default Re: QQ in huge multiway pot, ace flops

[ QUOTE ]
Check the flop into a field of five. If it comes back two, fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. You are getting 20:1 if it's not two, so you can call for a set. You are behind on this flop, accept it, look at your options and move on.
Old 11-22-2005, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i would have folded to the flop raise. i don't think our hand is goot and we don't have a good draw to call with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Set draw?

[/ QUOTE ]

i put that in my post.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:06 PM

[grunchin]

Not sure I agree with betting out on this flop with the under pair OOP against a TAG. A TAG's 3-betting range is AA, KK, AK, QQ, JJ, mebbee, just mebbe TT. You are behind on this flop with most of these, you can check/call if it's one bet back to you, because you have odds to hit your 2-outter, assuming you're not against AA.

based on the way you played it, it's either check/call or check/fold this turn. This is a huge pot, and there's an outside chance (18:1?) that villain is bluffing the ace, so you may have to get to SD. Nonetheless, if it's one bet back to you, you should have 18:1, enough implied odds to spike a Q. Again, let's hope villain doesn't have AA.

Actually, it appears that at least one of these folks may be drawing at the flush, so the Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is not clean. Let's go back and check/fold this flop and let the other villains see the showdown.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:51 PM

*grunch*
I actually have no idea, why you are betting into this huge crowd of people on the flop.
The only explanation I could imagine is to let UTG+1 raise to give some protection. The Pot is so huge, that people still get 12.5:1 and more and can draw with virtually anything. I think this one is a classic example of not trying to protect on the flop.

Of course this leaves the question unanswered: what are you trying to protect? You have 3 people cold calling a 3Bet preflop!!! You are really drawing at 2 outs. The Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is really drrty. Without another Q you are Toast. And then people could have outdrawn you already. You then have a few outs (about 6) to a full house, still. The pot is big enough for this. You can't protect it now, but you want to protect it as good as you can on the turn if you hit a Q.
So check/call is my line. If UTG+1 bets and someone else raises, you need to be pretty sure that many people are coming with you. If not, you probably need to fold. I don't know how your implied odds will be if you hit your Q on the turn. Many weak aces will fold. So you best hope that it is not raised. And if it is, you should likely fold.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:08 PM

So i've read all the responses now and I think that betting out may not have been the smartest thing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I would probably go with the check and call one bet line. I Have pretty good implied odds as long as non-spades hit. But I still have a chance with a set even if a spade hits to go along with my chance of making a full house on the river. *miracle*

I would fold the turn UI.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So i've read all the responses now and I think that betting out may not have been the smartest thing. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I would probably go with the check and call one bet line. I Have pretty good implied odds as long as non-spades hit. But I still have a chance with a set even if a spade hits to go along with my chance of making a full house on the river. *miracle*

I would fold the turn UI.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are truly discounting any spade, then you should check/fold this flop. This is 1-out, and we don't even have any back-door draws. If we consider the remote possibility that villain has AA, then the draw goes from paper-thin to certain death.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with the spade draw out there, looks like we're down to 1 out

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a poor estimate. someone has two spades here close to 100% of the time? come on...
Old 11-22-2005, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
with the spade draw out there, looks like we're down to 1 out

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a poor estimate. someone has two spades here close to 100% of the time? come on...

[/ QUOTE ]

simply put: i put someone on a flush draw due to the fact that there are 2 other cold callers in the hand in addition to us and the aggressor. it's fine if you disagree, but i really don't think it is that bad of a count.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:12 PM

*grunch*

I'd call if the board was rainbow, because you're actually getting odds on your 2 outer! Since its not, however, the Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is probably dead and you are drawing to the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I think you can call on the flop, but if you don't improve on the turn you have to check/fold.

And yes, somebody has an ace.

Steve
Old 11-22-2005, 08:26 PM

It really sucks but you probably are going to have to check/fold