Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2005, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Awesome breakfasts...

Home made breakfast sandwhich:

toast bagel, cheddar, 3 eggs (2 white 1 whole) microwaved in tupperware for 1.5 minutes. Takes about 2 minutes to make and 30 seconds to clean up. Simple, easy, cheaper/healthier than buying breakfast sandwhiches....
Old 10-24-2005, 10:47 AM

Egg's Benedict with Avacado is a staple for me, but apparently not everybody has heard of it. Its excellent.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:51 AM

Second time I've mentioned this in 24 hours. Toasted Everything Bagel + two fried eggs + swiss cheese + sausage patty; S/P/K. The good.

Now, for Restaurants. Nothing will compare to Royal Canadian (now closed) in New York. This place was absolutely ridiculous. If you ordered french toast? They gave you an entire loaf of bread cooked as french toast. An Omelette? Probably 10-12 eggs. The pancakes? One 1.5 inch thick pancake about as big as the Wimbledon Platter. Fresh everything too. The best meal was a Womelete. It was a belgian waffle with a ham and cheese omelette on top. They stuck cheese in the middle and sour cream and chives on top.

Too bad they closed them all down. (I imagine their profit margin was pretty slim because of the portions).
Old 10-24-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
toast bagel, cheddar, 3 eggs (2 white 1 whole) microwaved in tupperware for 1.5 minutes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you just say you microwave a bagel for 1.5 minutes to make a sandwich?

Heretic.

Ever heard of a toaster oven?
Old 10-24-2005, 10:59 AM

nonono...

crack eggs, throw in dish, microwave 1.5 minutes
toast bagel in TOASTER during this time.

They come out at the same time, you put cheese on and eat then burn roof of mouth. Or wait 2 minutes then eat.

Super easy.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:09 AM

OK that sounds a bit better... I thought you toasted the bagel first and then put the toasted bagel in with the cooked eggs (Assembled into a sandwich at this point) and then melted the cheese by microwaving.

This whole plan created in my head sounds horrible. Especially the microwaving for 1.5 minutes to melt the cheese.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Second time I've mentioned this in 24 hours. Toasted Everything Bagel + two fried eggs + swiss cheese + sausage patty; S/P/K. The good.

Now, for Restaurants. Nothing will compare to Royal Canadian (now closed) in New York. This place was absolutely ridiculous. If you ordered french toast? They gave you an entire loaf of bread cooked as french toast. An Omelette? Probably 10-12 eggs. The pancakes? One 1.5 inch thick pancake about as big as the Wimbledon Platter. Fresh everything too. The best meal was a Womelete. It was a belgian waffle with a ham and cheese omelette on top. They stuck cheese in the middle and sour cream and chives on top.

Too bad they closed them all down. (I imagine their profit margin was pretty slim because of the portions).

[/ QUOTE ]

Royal Canadian Pancake House. I remember going there in the early - mid 90's and actually trying to finish one pancake. Not only were they BIG they were actually good. Great place. The one I went to was on I think Broadway in the 80s.
That Wimbeldon Platter sounds awesome.
Old 10-24-2005, 11:15 AM

I live up on Broadway, and was very confused when I just saw them still listed. And a review from 2004? I called the number and it is out of service, I'm going to go to the addess soon to triple check. Here is some more on them.

Chicks Dig Big Pancakes

Old 10-24-2005, 11:15 AM

hands down meal deal #2 at mcdonalds. sausage n 'egger with hash brown and coffee
Old 10-24-2005, 11:29 AM

he means microwave the eggs