Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Torstyn Cole ( A joke )

I think this release of confidential information on a public forum is as bad as anything Taxidriver has done. You are the second or third poker site to have replied to things said about you by giving out information given to you in confidence. You should accept criticism and abuse as part of the job and not lower your standards to the level of the accusers. It is totally unacceptable and inexcusable for a reputable business to give out private information about anybody in any circumstances, in my opinion.
Old 11-02-2002, 01:43 AM

Default A defence for Torstyn

Anonymous, (as ever) said:

I think this release of confidential information on a public forum is as bad as anything Taxidriver has done.

Well...for a few minutes I agreed, but from what Torstyn has been through, and the critisism I have read of him that has unfairly been levelled at him, I thought Id do some digging, and look what I found [img]/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Taxidriver (10/24/02, 07:32AM by my clock (either GMT or EST)) said, in a thread titled "Taxidriver and ACR":

SHOW US PROOF THAT THERE IS FRAUDENT ACTIVITY GOING ON PLEASE? YOU HAVE ANY PROOF AT ALL? JUST BECAUSE WE ARE FRIENDS WE ARE ALLOWED TO PLAY @ SAME TABLE!? IF YOU GIVE US HANDHISTORY THAT SHOW THAT ME OR ANY OTHER OF MY FRIENDS ARE CULLUDING I PEROSNALLY PAY YOU A BLOWJOB!!!

after making this kind offer, he then said:

ITS JUST YOUR [censored] FISHY SITE (AMERICAS TRASH ROOM) THAT NEED MONEY OR SOMETHING AND YOU SEE SOME WHO ARE CLEANING THE TABLES AND YOU TAKE THE MONEY DUMBASS!!!!

which wasn't very nice, he followed up, in the same post with:

SHOW ANYONE SOME PROOF PLEASE??

which Torstyn has done.

He waffled a while, and concluded:

AND BTW .I ONLY HAVE MY OWN ACCOUNT TAXI-DRIVER ON AMERICAS CARDROOM... I SPEAK OUT FOR MY FRIEND ODDSTIPSET! SO WHY DID YOU CLOSE THE ACCOUNT TAXI-DRIVER? YOU ARE SO FAR OUT TO SEA AS POSSIBLE JERK!

Which we now know to be false.

Personally I believe that this post gives Torstyn permission to post personal details that would provide proof as to the multiple accounts.

Torstyn did not post any of this until Taxi's attempts to undermine his site reappeared.
Taxi has asked for Torstyn to show proof, and I think Torstyn, in this instance, is justified in doing that.

I have no doubts that had Taxi just gone away, or even behaved in a more appropriate manner, that Torstyn would have continued to just tell us that he had proof without posting it, as that has been his standpoint in the previous week or so.

The Kooks can't have it both ways, they can't demand proof and then demand you don't print it.

Lori

Old 11-02-2002, 01:48 AM

Default Re: A defence for Torstyn

the heat he has taken here pales to the trolls at rgp.

Old 11-02-2002, 02:33 AM

Way to go ACR. I feel all sites should follow your lead. If cheaters knew that they would lose their money they might think twice about cheating. Keep up the good work and catch all cheaters so i can feel safe about playing online.
Old 11-02-2002, 05:14 AM

ok listen..this player or players violated rules that were clearly posted on the cardrooms site, what is so wrong to understand here, cheaters get what they deserve. For the first time since i started playing internet poker which was back in 99 at paradise has a site taken a stance to prevent cheating and made it public, i respect this and this site makes me feel safe about playing there..if the other claims are true i hope that other sites take issues on these players if not i will not spend a dime on any of there sites. The players have finally won a battle please respect there decision.

It's the sites choice to do what they want with the money since the players defrauded them, if they give a bonus or promotion because of it's to our goodwill.

have a great one...
Old 11-02-2002, 05:16 AM

I pretty much agree. The integrity of the site, and more importantly, the integrity of the game must be first priority. If to maintain this integrity, a site has to release information that some may feel to be confidential, unless I don't understand things right, it appears to be necessary to me. So I support these actions taken by ACR.

Best wishes,
Mason
Old 11-06-2002, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Torstyn Cole ( A joke )

I really cant belive u Torstyn.
U are just doing this to make some action around your site.
But I can asure u, u are handeling this the wrong way.
First of all. This is a matter that should have been delt with internal, between u and Oddstipset, Buttrelli, and Taxidriver.(yesm they are three different persons). It is very unprofessional of u to write things about these persons in a public forum, things that u not even can be sure about really happens.

I can see from your site that u have no players seated at this time, and I am not surprised.

Can u please copy some hand history of these players, that shows cheating? I know u cant, since no cheating have happend.

And in the matter of opening multiple accounts to get more bonus money. This is things u have to take care of, by withdrawing the bonusmoney from the playerid`s u have evidence that have made multiple accounts. You cant take the winnings they have made from other players.

I can assure you that u will not get many new players to your site with your attitude and lack of professionality.
Ask yourself this: Why should people play at your site when u are holding back money that rightfully have been won, when they can play at safe sites like Pokerstars, Paradise, Truepoker, Ladbrokes etc.?

Withdraw the amount that have been won from eachother by misusing your bonusdeposits, and pay oddstipset back the rest of the amount of his winnings. That is my suggestion.

Regards,
Andreas Sundal
*Chipremover* on Pokerstars
*Apekatt* on Ladbrokes