Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2005, 09:07 AM

Default Re: TOP 5 MOST UNDERRATED WPT PLAYERS

David the Dragon Pham, and John Juanda are heavily underrated.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
is it hard to type with sklansky dick in your mouth?

nobody gives a rats ass who you think is over/underrated because i think we can all agree they are far better than you.

[/ QUOTE ]

another kitten gem. keep up the good work, homey.

<cough>douchebag<cough>
Old 04-06-2005, 09:24 AM

I don't think there underrated. How could you say this about juanda escepically. They tout him at the top. He might be overrated if anything. Dragon maybe not touted as hi but he might not be great either. I don't know he had some big years in past but slowed down a little. But he does seem to be near ther top of the leader boards most years so maybe your right. He may be be underrated.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:33 AM

I should have stated that by "underrated" I mean featured in the poker press, and getting buzz on the message boards.
Clearly Pham and Juanda have placed high in POY rankings.

Daniel N. has a short article on asian poker players being overlooked. I think its worth a read. I think it should still be on his website somewhere.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:38 AM

There are a lot of asian players that have the respect they deserve in the WPT circuit, however, if you mention their names on a forum like this, most of the readers will have never heard of them before. My top 5 list would contain at least 3 of these players.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of asian players that have the respect they deserve in the WPT circuit, however, if you mention their names on a forum like this, most of the readers will have never heard of them before. My top 5 list would contain at least 3 of these players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Namely?
Old 04-06-2005, 11:55 AM

This is a good, fun question for the forum, so don't let random flamers get you down.

I have stuck with this forum since it started, even though it turned into a lot of gossip and rumor spreading right from the first.

Barry and several other players we see on TV have also stuck with it, regardless of the fact that they get flamed and gossiped about in a way unbecoming of a serious forum like 2+2.

We need to keep the forum on track and honorable, even if there are certain posters who have let it sink already. I'm willing to try, as are most who post on WPT.

To answer your question, of course I'm going to say Ted Forrest. Everyone knows in what regard I hold him. Believe it or not, he is not well known outside of the serious group of players at all.

Tony Ma is another who is very quiet, extremely well mannered, some unbelievable play, yet no one knows him.

I have played against both of these men, Tony multiple times, and always felt they were vastly underrated by the "general" viewing public.

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-06-2005, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I should have stated that by "underrated" I mean featured in the poker press, and getting buzz on the message boards.
Clearly Pham and Juanda have placed high in POY rankings.

Daniel N. has a short article on asian poker players being overlooked. I think its worth a read. I think it should still be on his website somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, Daniel does mention it, he says it's because their english isnt that great, and thus not very endearing to the american public. probably true.

and toto leonidas... from what I've seen of him, I wasn't that impressed. a lot of suckout-ish play. (based off of TV)
Old 04-06-2005, 12:19 PM

I nominate Chris Bigler
Old 04-06-2005, 01:33 PM

I like that choice. Might have to agree there. Although haven't seen enough to see if he has any major flaws. But from what i've seen over the years he can play. And they talk about him on wpt like he's some rich guy that is the fish at the table and is weak tight. I've watched him through the years and think he is better than they give him credit for. Good choice.