Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2005, 12:00 PM

Default Re: Text stats

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I'm mising it but I don't see the key stat IMO your standard deviation per hand. Is it there and if not what is it? From some cursory calculations you could easily be playing break even poker and be down 200 BBs after 30,000 hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume that finding that he is breakeven at 30/60 would be a disaster for Peter.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

FBB 31.44

BB -0.22

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesn't look so hot. Try looking at groups of hands that you defend with to see if they are profitable.

Krishan
Old 05-20-2005, 12:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try looking at groups of hands that you defend with to see if they are profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]
With less than 30k total hands in his database theres no way these numbers will actually mean anything. But its still worth looking at the hand replays and seeing if he can find something thats going wrong.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: I quess i suck at 30/60.

[ QUOTE ]
Anyway - any tips and thoughts about stats are welcomed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fold to my raises more often!
Old 05-20-2005, 05:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

tot hands 29583
VPIP 20.05
Saw flop all hands 19.72

[/ QUOTE ]

how can saw flop all hands be less than saw flop-vpip? vpip is a subset of all flops.

edit: nevermind--vp$ preflop (raising), but no flop seen. okay.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:04 PM

It depends on his standard deviation. It's not out of the realm that he could be a 1.8/100 BB winning player with a high variance and show these results over 30,000 hands. If he won at a reate .9BB/100 he could very easily be behind 200 BBs after 30,000 hands.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:21 PM

Your blind play seems out of control. You never fold your BB and you are losing .22 from that position. Surely, this is contributing to your break-even play. You seem to defend you SB too liberally, as well.

Maybe some of the other 30/60 players can divulge their SB/BB win(loss) rates.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:40 PM

It seems to me that you should be folding your bb more than 30% of the time. That might reduce your bb losses. Also, you may be stealing too much. What are your steal monetary stats?

Another less important stat but it did catch my eye is this: Limp reraise - 0.1%

Shouldn't you guys have a much higher limp -reraise percentage in these tight 30 games where (a) guys get out of the way of UTG and Ep raises with hands that could be dominated but (b) will raise themselves with the same hands when you limp?

Abdul's preflop strategy (which includes a lot of limp reraising) might work great for Online 30-60. I had trouble learning it for live play years ago but it would be easy for online given that we can us it as a cheat sheet.

Btw, all of this is conjecture on my part. I play 15-30 (at least for now). I played a little while against you last night. You play very well. I certainly did not form the impression that you were a LAG in the 15 games. Aggresive to be sure but not loose aggressive.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Pete . . .

Over the last two weeks we have played quite a bit of 30 60 together, and I did notice that you were playing decent starting hands, but that you were definately going too far with them when you missed the flop.

For example, if you raise PF and a player or two calls two cold, and you have AK or AQ, and the flop comes T93 or something to this effect, you have to figure that this hit one or both of these guys. You can't keep betting into these boards, not with this type of opponent. They don't know you, they don't respect you, and they will call you down with any type of pair.

In other words, my experience has been that the 30 game is entirely a game for experts at post-flop play. All my bulls**t aside, I'm ahead about 500 bb in three weeks, focusing on playing well post-flop and not overplaying two high cards when the flop misses, especially out of position. These folks will not fold in the face of heat -- you have to be patient and make them pay when you do flop TPGK, and not waste bets when you don't.

This is another reason why I only play one table at a time. I just don't think that this is the type of game that you can play optimally by not watching what every player is doing all the time. I also don't think the stats give you enough information on what each player does at each stage of the hand. I like to have detailed notes on each player, regarding their PF, flop, and turn play. The river plays itself. I feel the only real good way to do this is to watch the game I am in very carefully, and take detailed notes.

Multi-table experts like Guifre and James have a different take on this than I do, but I don't mind losing some equity if I know that I am watching the game I am in with extreme attention. For me personally, I feel this is the best way I can 'control' swings and the luck factor.

Good Luck, I know you will get back on track soon.

TSP
Old 05-20-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ditto. I'm getting whooped in the 30 as well

[/ QUOTE ]

I hit my first ever 250BB downswing right off the start in this game. I was gonna drop down if I hit 300, but i had a few decent sessions the last few days... anyways, i'm still down quite a bit after 10k hands, and i still feel like theres a lot of bad players out there, but the TAGs are clearly better than the 15/30 TAGs on average, so that makes things quite a bit tougher. i still haven't decided yet whether to drop back to the 15, or drop number of tables.