Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 10:04 AM

Default Re: why can\'t i stop cheating on my girlfriend!!

Grass. Cheating may not be your problem. Its possible that either you are not in a place in your life where you are comfortable with monogamy. Its also possible that you will never be satisfied with monogamy.

This doesn't make you a bad person. Everyone is different. However, just because you are different doesn't make it right to punish your girlfriend for it. If you are supposed to have an exclusive relationship with her, then you are abusing her trust.
Old 07-11-2005, 10:11 AM

It's very likely inherited and completely genetic IMO.

I'm willing to bet that your father liked his women as much as you like yours.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:00 AM

Monogamy is its own punishment.
Old 07-11-2005, 11:35 AM

are you still sleeping with the girlfriend? Sex addicts have issue with being intimate with the people that they love. Probably better to either seek professional help or shack up with someone that you don't love. Doesn't make you an azzhole, just mentally ill..

-blazman
Old 07-11-2005, 12:26 PM

Could go for cutting it off, but based on thinking about it alone, I wouldn't recommend it. You could try all kinds of things ex: Wear something that reminds you of her (I wear one of my GFs hair ties on my right wrist at all times). Put pictures of her in your wallet. Make a bunch of t-shirts with her pic on it that say "My girlfiend is HOTTER than you!" Wear a ring on your left hand so other women might think you are married and will stay away.

As a follow up question, is there often alcohol or other substances involved when you make decisions to spend the night with others? Those certainly lower your inhibitions and increase your sexual drive.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:31 PM

Cheating on your girlfriend is so 1.4. Midgets, are not.

All kidding aside, I've (had) this same problem for years and years. I constantly cheat on my girlfriend(s) even though I care infinitely more about them than any other random girl. I think it generally stems from insecurity. I'll typically take any affection I can get, as long as she's pluckworthy. I think I'm compensating for some inadequacy I felt as a child.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No. Not civilization.

Possibly a victim of human existence... but one could easily argue that since modern technology and medicine DOES exist, and human beings have either developed or always possessed an incredible degree of sophistication in decision-making, logic, and the arbitration of "morality," ... you could decisively choose not to betray a trust you willingly chose to create.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Rendering the problem of infidelity as being a victim of human existence is a cosmic cop-out! The guy just needs to keep his pants zipped if he doesn't want to lose his girlfriend. It doesn't matter what the biological or social imperative is. Actions have consequences. Adults weigh the consequences and make appropriate decisions.

You get no sympathy from me, friend. You knew what you were doing when you did it.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:43 PM

Once she finally wises up and dumps you you'll be begging her for another chance. We guys have a tendency to take a good thing for granted until it's gone.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:04 PM

I'm going to go against what seems to be the standard response and just say your an azzhole. If you can't be monogomous then you should have a girlfriend that knows and accepts that. If you want to know why I think your an azzhole, wait till your gf finds out what you've been doing and what her response is.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:24 PM

Love is a decision. You've made yours.