Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 01:47 PM

Default Re: 10/20 AA Deep Stacks

Are you dead?
Old 10-05-2005, 01:52 PM

why would you want to play for stacks with 200xbb with 1 pair?

I like how he played it, except these turn overbets always piss me off...Im also wondering what you did, because I face these a lot when I tell myself I just want to call a turn pot bet or less to control the pot size...
Old 10-05-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]is this a joke?
Old 10-05-2005, 02:01 PM

I dont get this either. YOu want to play for 200bb with one pair because you think you are ahead. It really doesn't make much sense to say you won't get in 200bb with one pair. You just have to look at the sitation and see if pushing the turn is +EV. Who cares if you have 200bb or 500bb +EV is +EV.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:02 PM

i think the turn check is pretty obvious as ppl are going to autobet in this spot so often.
when he makes that overbet, i dont know... just looks like hes trying pretty hard to play a big pot. id prob lay it down, but a case can def be made for almost any action... im not sure i can say much w/ so little info on the guy... default is to muck it. raising all in as a two way bet may be good against some.
Old 10-05-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont get this either. YOu want to play for 200bb with one pair because you think you are ahead. It really doesn't make much sense to say you won't get in 200bb with one pair. You just have to look at the sitation and see if pushing the turn is +EV. Who cares if you have 200bb or 500bb +EV is +EV.

[/ QUOTE ]yeah.
i might get it in with one par more than some, but i def fold bottom set more than most...
i like to employ this crazy tactic we call "hand reading" when i play a pot.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah.
i might get it in with one par more than some, but i def fold bottom set more than most...

[/ QUOTE ]

hand reading? you is crazy
Old 10-05-2005, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think the turn check is pretty obvious as ppl are going to autobet in this spot so often.
when he makes that overbet, i dont know... just looks like hes trying pretty hard to play a big pot. id prob lay it down, but a case can def be made for almost any action... im not sure i can say much w/ so little info on the guy... default is to muck it. raising all in as a two way bet may be good against some.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he wanted to play a big pot (which I like to do with big hands with deepstacks), don't you think a raise on the flop would be Villain's line? Because if Villain flopped a big hand, he should want to raise it, because if you have a solid hand yourself, you will either call or re - raise (being a draw heavy board, and a scare card could come on the turn). To me it almost seems as if he senses you have a marginal hand, and won't call a big bet. This spot sucks, but I would lean towards a push. A call leaves you with ~3k and a ~2400 pot on river, and this could leave you in an even worse spot.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]yeah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mucking bottom set are you on drugs? I can't remember more than once or twice where I was like "I wish I went with my read and mucked that bottom set". I CAN think of a few times, where I was like "time to pay off higher set/straight" to be shown some absurd [censored].
Old 10-05-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do it all the time. The times I do it, it is because I think I have the best hand.