Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2005, 01:11 PM

Default Re: Anyone intentionally lose/break even at home games?

I see nothing wrong with your play. I play $10 tourneys with my friends and screw around, playing like an absolute maniac. As long as you are having fun, and so are your opponents, I see no problem.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:33 PM

i'm in same situation as you, we have our weekly 5$ tournaments. but I still try damn hard to play my best game and work on my tell reading (not much progress).

me and another friend (also a 2+2er) we always try to out play each other, so that's fun as hell. ie) A57 2 clubs i c-bet, he raises, i push QJo and he calls with T6clubs lol. and always trash talk each other a la bill fillmaff. way too fun [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2005, 03:47 PM

In my weekly home game with the guys, I actually have to step down a level just so they dont think I am a decent player. These guys suck so bad that if you ever wanted to not win, it is because you want them to hang on and play for another tourney. (We play 3 tourneys, $5 $10 and $20. I play like crap for the first two and then come out and kill for the last one. So far its been working
Old 11-27-2005, 08:15 AM

I'm in a similiar situation, I play 10/20 limit but play a 5$ NL game from time to time.

I try my hardest, i just goof around preflop. Usually, if the game is NL 6-8 handed, I will go for preflop stats of 80/40 or so.

Its great practice reading and playing marginal situations.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:25 AM

I play a -EV style, but I don't try to lose. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2005, 02:03 PM

When I win I suggest stupid fun drinking/gambling games. Things like Guts, midnight baseball, 7 stud with multiple wild cards, craps.

My problem is I live in a small town with very few games, but not trying to win is boring for me. So after a win I just gamble it up and have fun.

Also, I have taught the few players that want to learn some basic things that have made them better.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:35 PM

Teaching is pretty fun, I went that way with alot of guys. But now they are alot better and I actually have to pay attention sometimes. I like to try plays out as well, all the things I think of but would never try when playing a real game I'll give a whirl in the home games. It's a good way to find the one good idea in ten or twenty stupid.