Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 10:05 PM

Default Re: limp-reraise hand

You don't realize it, but you're agreeing with me. You've just written it differently. You even wrote it in your own post:

[ QUOTE ]
They aren't thinking about what you have.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-07-2005, 02:34 AM

I'm agreeing with part of what you said. I agree that your opponents are probably donks, and are not thinking about what you have.

The problem is that I think there is a gap in your thinking. While you know that your opponents are donkeys who don't follow poker theory, I'm not sure you are properly adjusted to playing against such donkeys.

For example, you say "Look at his stack size compared to my reraise. If he puts me on AA/KK there is no hand he should call with."

Sure, your poker theory is correct. He shoulden't call preflop. But remember, Mr. Donkey doesn't care about stack sizes. Just because there is no hand he should call with doesn't mean there aren't many hands that he will call with. You understand this, but I don't think you are applying it.

Another example: "He certainly does not put me on aces or he would have just folded preflop... " Nope. How often do we here people say "I think you have me beat, but I call anyway." Just because he thinks you might have AA doesn't mean he won't call. Hell, you could show him your AA and he might still call.

"I didn't really have a clear plan postflop. That TT2 board makes it pretty hard for him to have a second best hand to give action with."

Sure, any decent player won't make a second best hand to give you action. But this is a donkey. Donkeys give action with ace high, small pairs, king high, gutshots, runner runner draws etc.

Bet the flop.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:19 PM

Results

He calls me quickly on the river with KQo and MHIG.

So after the hand was over I had the conflicting feelings of "gee, I could have gotten paid more on the end" and "well, if I'd played it faster he would have just folded on the flop." So I hate to be results-oriented, but in this instance my flop check did earn me an extra $100, but at the same time, my underbets on the turn and river probably left money on the table. So in the end, I'm still not quite sure what to think.
Old 06-07-2005, 06:22 PM

I think its fine.

most people don't call a limp reraise with KQ.
Old 06-07-2005, 07:35 PM

Did I mention the game was uberfishy? ;P
Old 06-07-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2)there is an outside chance that he has AQ here, most likely suited.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He calls me quickly on the river with KQo and MHIG.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, even after your fishiness clarification, I still under-estimated the fishiness. Nice game selection.
Old 06-08-2005, 02:40 AM

I have made more money off fish in live NL games holding AK vs KQ than I have with any other hand matchup. By a lot.

KQ and AQ probably have the biggest negative implied odds of any hands.