Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 01:23 AM

Default Re: maybe interesting steal gone somewhat wrong 5/10

wow
Old 08-29-2005, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. It's better just to push all-in yourself on the flop than to let him do this to you when he could be bluffing with the best hand. In fact, if you ever overbet the flop, I think this is a decent spot to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're saying if I plan to call a push I'm better off just pushing myself?

If its +EV pot odds wise to call a push dont we want our opponent to push? An overbet or push might cause him to fold.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is ridiculous. It's better just to push all-in yourself on the flop than to let him do this to you when he could be bluffing with the best hand. In fact, if you ever overbet the flop, I think this is a decent spot to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if that's your opinion of the situation then there clearly exists a better option.

fim
Old 08-29-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If its +EV pot odds wise to call a push dont we want our opponent to push? An overbet or push might cause him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what you just wrote.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
table is playing real tight and weak. people are checking three streets with flopped FH's and minraising minbets. im basically sitting and waiting for it to get SH. effective stacks 1400.

EMP makes it 25 i think, many callers to me on bb with 86[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], i make it 140, EMP calls everyone else drops.

Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (400ish)

what's the plan?

fim

[/ QUOTE ]

What would be your line with AA here? do that.

One might be, 1/2 pot flop, check-raise turn allin.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if that's your opinion of the situation then there clearly exists a better option.

fim

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you're talking about check/raise all-in. But it all depends on your play. For instance, I would basically never check/raise top set here for fear of giving a free card. But I would overbet all-in with it. I don't remember if you said if villain knows your play here, but that would make a big difference in my decision as to how to play the flop.

And to the guy who was afraid of villain folding here: are you serious? Cause I'm pretty happy if I push and he folds. I currently have 8 high.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what you just wrote.

[/ QUOTE ]

be nice. yeah he's obviously still learning but at least he's not being a jerk about it.

fim
Old 08-29-2005, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fim

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm assuming you're talking about check/raise all-in. But it all depends on your play. For instance, I would basically never check/raise top set here for fear of giving a free card. But I would overbet all-in with it. I don't remember if you said if villain knows your play here, but that would make a big difference in my decision as to how to play the flop.

And to the guy who was afraid of villain folding here: are you serious? Cause I'm pretty happy if I push and he folds. I currently have 8 high.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait, wait, so you're considering metagame of playing this hand under the guise of another? i don't think that a player will see big raise preflop, then checkraise all in on the flop and think "hey, he wouldnt play a strong hand like that for fear i called his gimundo raise with a SC and am now on the flush draw".

he's made his commitment decision already. he's on TT+ and AK. now answer my question.

fim
Old 08-29-2005, 01:48 AM

If your opponent folds you have 0% chance of losing.
Old 08-29-2005, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your opponent folds you have 0% chance of losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

profound.

fim