Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2005, 04:47 PM

Default Re: Moved to 100NL -> lost huge hand -> tilted = justified?

I think the first play that you want to pickup is reraising this hand preflop. Cutoff makes a routine raise(I realize CO had QQ this time, but you're playing for long-term results). When he makes this raise, I would probably reraise to $7-$9. Second off, this flop is miserable for you as there's no doubt that 3-handed you're a major dog. If I were you I would fold to this flop as you only have 3 real solid outs. There's ~7.5% chance you turn your straight without putting a flush on the board. You're slightly better than 12-to-1 to turn your miracle gutshot without flushing the board...

Well I stand corrected, you're getting 4.75-to-1 to call the flop. I think this call can only be made if you have the discipline to get away from the hand on the turn, even if you hit an Ace or King and being able to play a small pot if the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] turns. Like the previous poster said... you got all your money in the pot with the best of it, but 3-handed on a draw heavy board like this, you're gonna have to suck it up and remember you're playing smart long-run poker.

Tough loss, looks like under the circumstances it was the best possible line.