Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: Horrible play or nice play back at the stealer

When I play back at him, I'm definitely either immediately pushing or calling and pushing the flop, almost regardless of whats on the board. I'd probably (maybe - depends who I'm against) fold AJ to an all in that risks more than 1/2 of my stack, because I know that I can easily accumulate the lost chips (from folding) by either bullying (depends who is in blinds) or pretending to bully with a monster, knowing that a lot of players will pop a raise back at me thinking I'll fold my garbage hand again because I'm bullying, and I'll end up with all their chips. I would see it as not worth the risk if i'm already big stacked. It sucks to go from big stack to medium because you have to take a few risks to get there, which is always risky lol. And I think calling shows more strength and I'd fold on the flop to a push for that much unless I hit at least top pair or had a read. But calling and bluffing the flop gives the big stack a chance to hit top pair, which he isn't going to fold, so this is probably a bit more risky.
Old 07-20-2005, 02:09 PM

Default Re: Horrible play or nice play back at the stealer

[ QUOTE ]
Your right, I made it incorrect to do the stop and go.

My thinking was that he misses over 1/2 the time, so he has two chances to fold and I know Im going to war.

The reraise SCREAMED high pair (if not, how would you play AA in the same situation, you wouldnt push 6500 into a 2000 pot).

Even if he didnt push, after the flop there would be 8k in the pot, and my 4k push would give him 3:1 which he would probably call with a missed draw.

As it came out, it didnt matter, flop was 9 high, I would have pushed anyway and if he called then I was out when the jack came on the river!!!

Thanks
-VI

PS: With the same setup, how would people play AA. My goal is how to take advantage of the GOOD players who think, but I doubt the stealer was going away with AJ no matter what.

[/ QUOTE ]

If u push on a 9-high flop, I'd guess there is a high probability he will muck and you scoop.

-Scott