Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2004, 10:45 AM

Default Re: 50K a year according to SSH?

Let this be my last question on this already exhausted topic:

It is obvious there are many online players multiscreening. It appears someone could play as many as 3-9+ tables at once. My question is this, how many tables can one attempt to play and still avg 1 BB per table per hour? Again I am not talking about a rookie or beginner and at the same time I am not talking about a polished expert. Lets say an experienced player with lots of study time under his belt at a typical 3-6 online table.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:03 AM

I played 4 with no problems (3+BB/100), I could probably add a few more tables if I had a bigger screen once I got used to how it works. Astroglide played 6 tables quite successfully.

I don't actually know of anyone playing more than regularly that but I assume there are at least a few people out there running 8 at once (I think there was a guy who claimed 12 on here one time). I personally would get too frustrated trying to find 8 tables worth playing at.

Basically a lot of it just comes down to pretty much basic ABCish poker with slight adjustments based on the limited reads you can get while playing that many tables (i.e. playerX is a maniac, playerY has a PFR of 1%, etc)
Old 08-13-2004, 09:07 PM

Is it safe to assume a full time player plays 3 screens (3-6 limit) at one time and avg 1.5 BB per hour per table. That would be $9 an hour X 3 games at once or $27 an hour, which is about $54K a year. Is this what SSH is impling?

This is about what we had in mind. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] To make $50k in a year playing $3-$6, you have to multitable, and you have to be either quite good or willing to put in a lot of hours. But it's definitely doable.. and you don't have to be a savant to do it.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:46 PM

of course your definition of 'expert' may vary.

but i think anywhere from 4-8 tables making 1.6BB/100 (roughly 1BB/hr perhaps) is very doable.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:51 PM

Ed thank you for your response. Well I am glad to hear I do not need to be a savant to accomplish my goals.

Also, I just want to thank you and congratulate you on your new book. I have read over 20 Poker/Holdem books but your book has had the most impact on my game by far. I would also like to point out that your book not only improved my online game at the 3-6 5-10 level, but the Borgata's 10-20 games are so soft that your book still applies. I think it even applies to some of the 20-40 games.

I appreciate what you have done for my game as well as this site. Keep up the great work and good luck to you.
Old 08-13-2004, 09:55 PM

agreed that you don't have to be a savant like some seem to think or imply.

playing 2-3 tables is relatively easy for me now and kind of slow-motion. you do have to get used to it though.

it helps if you are part of the MTV/video-game generation.
i was addicted to my ATARI as a kid for example (and video-arcade games like Centipede, Ms Pac-Man, etc).

obviously not everyone can multi-table....but imo, if you are the type that can kinda/sorta play video-games you shouldn't have too much trouble picking up the multi-tabling habit.

i don't play video-games anymore....but i think the skills are reasonably similar.
Old 08-13-2004, 10:19 PM

i think clarkmeister stated in a previous post that he feels the concepts in SSHE are applicable in B&M LV games up to 80/160 much of the time.

i don't play too much live.....but from what i've read on these forums i'm not at all surprised that you find that SSHE example hands are similar to what you see at 10/20 B&M (and i suspect that Ed wouldn't be surprised at that either).

others have speculated that party 3/6 plays similar to many B&M 10/20 and 15/30 games. but again, i have no direct experience with this.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:10 PM

This thread could really benefit from PokerHorse's insight.

Old 08-14-2004, 04:27 AM

pretty funny,
har har har.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:03 AM

Just play NLHE and reduce your variance and increase the earn. Screw limit. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]