Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2005, 04:18 PM

Default Re: Is it possible to Donk the Flop? (yet another AQ hand)

[ QUOTE ]
I think it's a pretty easy fold.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the analysis.

edit; To be less blunt... What are you putting him on that causes you to immediately want out of this hand? I'm not saying this is an obvious peel, but I definitely don't think it's an obvious fold.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:37 PM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

your stats are essentially meaningless(because of sample size; well, lack therof). getting 7.5-1 i could see a loose flop call given your bd draws and tainted overcard outs. you likely have some catching up to do so i don't mind a fold, either. as someone said before, i hate to 3 bet and then just fold, that would lend me to peel one for the sake of my future 3 bets(people may try to float you or make plays if they think you are a "folder"). that said, i don't much like your pair outs as AKo OOP will NOT cap quite frequently IMO. so i guess i'm saying call for the sake of future hands if nothing else.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:18 PM

Im not sure that he would cap or check raise if he had AK. Those are things Im not sure how you can associate that with a random player at 2/4. (especially someone with such average statistics)

It's more likely that he doesnt totally know what he's doing and he's going to want to bet into it because he isnt going to want to get drawn out on free. (not that it's that horrible of a play)

I guess with all the dirty and questionable outs though it's still close, and like someone else says it helps with the other hands. Id have to say that of all the times Ive 3bet someone this is probally one of the rare times that I folded to 1 bet on the flop. If I made a habit out of it I could see where I would get challenged probally a lot more than I want too.

I figured there is a strong chance though this guy has some sort of K, that's why he bet. Which means the Q outs are pretty minimal at best.