Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2004, 08:16 PM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold \'em will NOT be in your local Barnes and Noble today

Better to go straight to the hand that feeds you. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I called B&N in Buffalo today just out of curiousity(I preordered)and they told me it was ordered, had not been received, and they could not be put it on the shelf until the 28th. Then they asked me if I'd like to reserve a copy. Ha!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold \'em will NOT be in your local Barnes and Noble today

[ QUOTE ]
I've done all I can do

[/ QUOTE ]

and what exactly is that??

spread the gospel of Ed (and help him earn some well-deserved income)??
OR
try to ruin the games in your area??

sorry Ed....but the only people that i'm talking to about this book are of the non-poker playing variety.

i hope you do very well with this of course.
but i don't want my opponents actually learning how to play.

i'm not really that concerned of course. i've done my part (by purchasing a copy) and don't really think THAT many more players will improve their game THAT dramatically via this book. a few semi-studious types might escape non-fish status...but i am hopeful the shark-to-fish ratio won't be too dramatically affected by SSHE.

if my local 4/8 game gets rock-tight with a bunch of Miller-ites though i'm going to have a word or two with you.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:57 PM

if my local 4/8 game gets rock-tight with a bunch of Miller-ites though i'm going to have a word or two with you.

You can have all the words you want, but if someone doesn't buy me a beer first, I can't promise that I'll be listening. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2004, 02:10 AM

The former.

Basically for every one WSSHE reccomendation, we'll reccomend Play Poker Like the Pros 3 or 4 times.

That way, Ed gets his cash, and the games stay good. Everyone wins. (Well, almost everyone)
Old 07-20-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Small Stakes Hold \'em will NOT be in your local Barnes and Noble t

[ QUOTE ]
Basically for every one WSSHE reccomendation, we'll reccomend Play Poker Like the Pros 3 or 4 times.

[/ QUOTE ]

Recently, someone told me "I bought a copy of that Hellmuth poker book for Mike". I plan to, but haven't read it, however I have heard about it. My first thought was "That may not be the best beginners book for you to learn from", but I actually said "That's great - I haven't read it yet." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-15-2004, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

So the timeline (as I understand it... Mason is obviously more of an authority than I am, but I'm stepping in because he's busy at the printer) is roughly:

[/ QUOTE ]

Being a computer guy I get a mental picture of Mason sitting at his desk printing copies of the book on an old Deskjet. Yikes! No wonder they don't have them at Borders this week.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2004, 11:01 AM

Default When will it available at Amazon proper?.

I can see that it's available at Amazon only thru a re-seller (proffessional poker or something?).

I need to order it directly from Amazon, as I need to bundle it with a bunch of other books for Intl' shipment.

p.s.: Is an electronic version available?. ebook or pdf or something?.
Old 07-22-2004, 02:24 PM

Default Re: When will it available at Amazon proper?.

I tried to order from Amazon and it said it won't ship until about September or something so I cancelled hoping I could get it sooner somewhere. That Amazon price is great though [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2004, 02:36 PM

Default Re: When will it available at Amazon proper?.

When I checked Amazon yesterday they wanted full list price for it. :P
Old 07-19-2004, 01:27 PM

I still haven't gotten confirmation for my order. :-/

I ordered under one email address, and paid with a neteller account which is connected to a different email address. I sent an email to conjelco from the first email addresss asking for confirmation and a week and a half later I still have no reply.