Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2004, 08:19 PM

Default Re: vp debate, how can cheney get away with this?

economics i think they are both full of shiit.

i think cheney scored a good point when talking about the deficit he said that during primary edwards said kerry's plan would increase the deficit. way to go dick, you scored a point!
Old 10-07-2004, 08:27 PM

well how u gonna fight communism if you arent gonna murder people? phoenix program in vietnam, to argentina, to nicaragua, etc. etc. etc.

historically US has been pro death squad. its a fact. the onlyh reason u can argue about central american US involvement is because almost every voter is totally ignorant of what went on.

btw, some federal judges are throwing out parts of the so called patriot act as unconstitutional. and way to go on realeasing that terror suspect hamdi that u had in custody for years with no lawyer and no charges. everybody thoght he must have been a real dangerous guy, that is until you released him because he hadnt done anything. talk about unamerican.

http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/...0922_1736.html

'He had contested his status as an enemy combatant, and the Supreme Court ruled in June that Hamdi and others like him could not be held indefinitely without seeing a lawyer and getting a chance to contest their incarceration in court. That led to the negotiations for his release.
'
Old 10-07-2004, 08:43 PM

Location: A nice little white house with a garden of roses. Will return to my Crawford ranch in 5 years after my Second Term. Vote for me on November 2nd. Wish me luck.

[ QUOTE ]
well how u gonna fight communism if you arent gonna murder people? phoenix program in vietnam, to argentina, to nicaragua, etc. etc. etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
The US is not about murdering people. Rogue elements of our allies may conduct murder, but US military created casualties are not murder. I hope you understand that. Freedom isn't free.

[ QUOTE ]

the only reason u can argue about central american US involvement is because almost every voter is totally ignorant of what went on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, if people knew what was really going on in the '80's in Central America, the left could not get away with spreading tall tales. The US did good for the people of that region but we don't get credit for it. Doing good is its own reward though.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:49 PM

do u dispute the phoenix program in vietnam was a US assassination program? killing south viet civilians.?
Old 10-07-2004, 08:57 PM

edwards made a good rhetorical point when he framed quesiton of 'for US people or for drug companies', and admin was for 'drug companies'.

good debating skill, but i think under kerry would be exactly the same if not worse.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the only reason u can argue about central american US involvement is because almost every voter is totally ignorant of what went on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, if people knew what was really going on in the '80's in Central America, the left could not get away with spreading tall tales. The US did good for the people of that region but we don't get credit for it. Doing good is its own reward though.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's crap. Just because the US is defending itself and because they're the US doesn't mean what they're doing is fully right. Sometimes, the ends do justify the means, IMHO, but, you can't say we're doing good for the people when all we really want is to keep Commies out.

Of course, I'm just a n00b who has no idea about Central America and Iran-Contra at the time, but if it's like Vietnam, you can't say we were doing good, when we support an incredibly corrupt government.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:03 PM

well dick said in closing that US has captured or killed 'thousands of al kida'.

well, name one. as far as i know, everyone they have in concentration camps in cuba and elsewhere (like hamdi) have been released or have admittedly provided no information (ie they were innocent)
Old 10-08-2004, 12:39 AM

El Salvador was not an attempted Communist takeover. It was, however, a takeover by fascists, supported by the United States. It was worthy of the Mafia. Your appointment of the supporter of thugs in Central America, John Negroponte, shows what you think of democracy: very little. And your party has always been quick to brand those who you don't like as Communists with either no evidence, or fake evidence.

Shame on both you and the vice president for thinking that our support of the El Salvador murderers was a good thing. It was disgusting and a betrayal of American principles.