Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2005, 01:46 PM

Default Re: making almost as much in rakeback as I do playing???

[ QUOTE ]
Might as well get both, though :-)

[/ QUOTE ]
this was not the point of my post. there are a lot of people who show up in the zoo playing $2/4 limits and below and go nuts about needing rakeback yet having no awareness at all about bonuses.

sure there's no reason NOT to sign up through an affiliate, but even so the rakeback earnings at $1/2 limits is relatively insignificant and should not be a deciding factor for where to play when bonus opportunities are available.

for example, if you're on Absolute earning 10 cents per raked hand plus 25% rakeback, at 9-max that's around 1.5-2.5c additional. meanwhile, a party skins reload pops up that pays 14c per raked hand, with softer players, wider game selection and better software (relatively speaking). you're gonna stick on Absolute just because bonuses don't deduct from MGR?

judging by the UB thread you posted yesterday, looks like you should be asking a lot more questions before you start spewing out any more answers in other people's discussions.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:56 PM

I too would like to know how to go about getting rakeback. You can PM me or post here just the same. Thanks!
Old 06-03-2005, 02:25 PM

I went through this a short time ago, too. It was sick. I had made 3/4 in rakeback of what I took over 125K hands at 1/2 and I didn't even have a rakeback deal the whole time. This is why I moved up to 2/4. The rake is about 1/2 the percentage it is at 1/2. Still, bonuses, hand for hand are a better value than rakeback at the lower levels. I usually forgo the rakeback account when I have bonii to whore.
X
P.S. PM me and I will tell you in detail, if you want to know, how I went about getting a rakeback deal. I would post it publicly, but I don't want any trouble about spamming for affiliates. I did a lot of research, so if your PM boxes aren't already filled up with offers, then I will be happy to share what I found out. I am not an affiliate, just a player and am in no way trying to pimp any affiliates.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:46 PM

Check your PM boxes.
X
Old 06-03-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
rakeback is worth about 1BB/100 regardless of what limits you play

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be true at 1/2, but it is not true at higher limits. My rakeback at 10/20 shorthanded works out to about .5BB/100. It's even less at higher limits and at full.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:37 PM

Look in the top left corner at your screen. The place is named classified ads... Or click here Classified ads
Old 06-03-2005, 09:09 PM

There is no such thing as rakeback.

What some of the people replying have said is completely true about bonuses being more valuable to micro and small stakes limit players. Rakeback doesn't really add all that much unless you're using up all bonusii or playing at a high level.

To those who are asking for details about rakeback in this thread, check the classifieds or do a search. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

No PMs, I'm not an affiliate.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Look in the top left corner at your screen. The place is named classified ads... Or click here Classified ads

[/ QUOTE ]

Preach it brother! Support your 2+2 advertisers. I got burned by a crappy affiliate once, went to the classifieds to find a reputable one and haven't looked back.