Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2005, 06:27 AM

Default I think i really botched this AQs hand

I think i made some big mistakes in playing this hand and i need some help identifying them.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: (9 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (21 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls $2.25 (All-In), BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 31.25 BB
I called on the flop because I wanted to raise the turn. But on the turn, it was raised before it got to me. I think that i made a big mistake in not raising the flop since i missed value and wasn't able to define my opponents' holdings as well as i wanted to. So I think my flop play was a mistake. I think the turn play was okay. On the turn, I'm getting 8-1 on my call and there aren't too many hands that have me in really bad shape (only a flopped straight or set.) I may have gotten a little crazy on the river given that the guy who raised the river hadn't been agressive in the hand till then, so i was thinking that he might have backed into a st8 w/ kj or something. Plus I had to worry about the guy who raised the turn and led the river. He might have flopped a set or something. Anyways - where are the bad mistakes.
(1) Should have raised the flop?
(2) Should have just called the river?

Thanks.