Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 11:17 AM

Default Re: Best Vegas Poker Room - NOT HOTEL

Wynn for lowstakes, bellagio for high stakes...
Old 10-20-2005, 07:41 PM

See, I think the bellagio is WAY MORE clastrophobic than the Mirage, I myself have dealt with some clastriphobia issues and the mirage has never affected me, as far as the bellagio goes, they have major crowd control issues.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:13 AM

you caught me, I haven't played there yet, but it looked pretty roomy when I walked by. This depresses me, because I have to play in that 10/20 mixed game sometime soon, or bad things are going to happen. Plus the rooms look really nice, so I guess I'll just have to put up with it. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2005, 01:15 AM

I confess, I am one of the smoking bastards. But, look at it this way, when we miss hands it's plus EV for y'all.
Old 10-21-2005, 01:43 PM

Overall my vote will be on ACTION and little else.

Tho there's something to be said for the fantastic bathrooms by mirage's poker room! Best in town!

But my vote would be for MGM.

al
Old 10-21-2005, 01:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it's not the best PLAYING room, but for atmosphere nothing beats the Monte Carlo -

nice, quiet - and that redwood finish everywhere and the old paintings just rock.

RB

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree
Old 10-21-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Overall my vote will be on ACTION and little else.

Tho there's something to be said for the fantastic bathrooms by mirage's poker room! Best in town!

But my vote would be for MGM.

al

[/ QUOTE ]

No way man. I agree that Mirage has awesome bathrooms and location wise it is the nuts. However, Wynn is what I call the nuts for overall bathroom performance. It has an ongoing, neverending cleaning cycle, ensuring I'm not sitting on someone else's piss if I have to take a dump. Also, during busy hours or if you feel like real class, you can just continue on to where they do their show and walk into those bathrooms. The doors are never locked and the bathroom stalls are like luxury rooms.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:47 PM

Default I cant believe we\'re telling bathroom stories... but i cant resist

Why mirage bathrooms kick the most ass...

One day I was at mirage playing poker. I had to go, you know, not just a trip to the stand up portals, but I had to "drop some friends off at the pool." It wasn't optional here, I hadta go, and it was for real.

So I'm heading into the bathroom by the poker room and someone has, let's say, "not quite made it" to the stall in time. It's everywhere on the floor, nasty, gross, streaky, not a pretty sight. But there was no denying, I still had to tend to "business," so I did a little dance to ensure my shoes would not become soiled and headed to the stall in the far back corner.

By the time I was done, not only was the mess cleaned up, but everything smelled like roses in there to boot! Viva Mirage! Every stall there is immediately cleaned, sanitized and freshened as soon as you are done. Only in AMERICA! USA! USA! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

al
Old 10-22-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Re: I cant believe we\'re telling bathroom stories... but i cant resist

This is what I love about the high class bathrooms in Vegas. They are cleaned non-stop 24/7. Viva America indeed. I also love the stall length of the doors. Almost touching the ground and very high. Gives a very personal experience. Now we have to compare the toilet paper quality in each of the hotels. I was at Wynn last night and it was pretty soft. I cannot remember Mirage toilet paper for it has been a couple of months. I will have to make a trip and report back to you.
Old 10-22-2005, 10:23 PM

There's no corret answer besides Bellagio.

I couldn't keep even a 4 player $20/40 going at Mirage on a weeknight and forget trying to get anything higher going.

Same goes for pretty much every other poker room.

I can't play anywhere but Bellagio anymore.