Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: 30/60 rare bluff river raise by me

I think waiting till the river is fine if you think he is unpaired AND not good enough at hand reading to call you light.

There are 5 bets in the pot when it gets to you second time on the turn, you can make it 7, which will give him 7:1 to chase his 4+ outer, depending how many hearts he has. Most of the time he has 4-5 outs and will fold "correctly", assuming that he needs to improve to win.

If you just call and raise the river, then you are laying him 9:1 with reverse implied odds as you may hit a heart when he hits a pair.
If we give him 4-5 outs, he will need somewhere between 10.5:1 and 8:1, actually a little better due to the reverse implied odds he has.
I´d say it´s close, but river may be best as there are alot of cards that will make it look more believable.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:03 PM

Villain has some stupid weak hand here almost always. My guess if he had the draw he would have bet the turn, but u happened to bet so he thought hed try to CR everyone out for whatever lame reason.

Throw in a turn re-raise and go from there. But that being said, its not like I hate the river raise.

And I know u know it, but raise pf.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:07 PM

Also just curious, how low do u go on connectors (both suited and offsuit) with one open limper to u?
Old 11-17-2005, 01:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

i limp 65s there.

[/ QUOTE ]
me2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I would dump 65s in this situation (tightish limper, LAGy blinds). I just think it's going to be 2bets 3ways with someone else being the aggressor more often than it will be 1bet 4ways.

Surf

edit: I don't like the river raise because the 4 is such a brick, your line looks really suspicious. If you fold him you probably could have folded him on the turn, because I don't know that he fires again with A /Q hi. As others have said a turn 3bet is more believable, though you do run the risk of him calling with better [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]s, however unlikely.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:30 PM

Meh, i dont like too much about this hand. Raise of fold preflop, i think limping is inferior to both of these options. The river is a total stab, agsinst players you dont have a strong read on, you look brilliant when it works and dumb when it doesnt, i dont really know if it works often enough to warrant it, you need him to have air here.
Old 11-17-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i limp 65s there

[/ QUOTE ]

Small suited connector in a micro pot? Even on the button it seems poor. I know you and flawless know what you're doing, but can we all get a quick explanation on that?
Old 11-17-2005, 02:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i limp 65s there

[/ QUOTE ]

Small suited connector in a micro pot? Even on the button it seems poor. I know you and flawless know what you're doing, but can we all get a quick explanation on that?

[/ QUOTE ]

from the archives, listen to clarkmeister
Old 11-17-2005, 03:10 PM

Fantastic. Thanks.
Old 11-17-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i limp 65s there

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

from the archives, listen to clarkmeister

[/ QUOTE ]

Clark doesn't even post in that thread. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Good thread though. I don't do this even though my coaches have said I should.

Krishan
Old 11-17-2005, 04:06 PM

crap you're right. there's another similar thread (posted by GoT? where clark says yes. I'll search.)

EDIT: DAMN I'M GOOD, I PWN SEARCHING

the link from that thread with clark in it