Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:22 AM

Default Re: What Tiffany Willaimson did right

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps this is really who Tiffany is (it would explain her psychic abilities to make such a large over-bet with another trap hand)

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking more Ellix Powers myself.

OMG.. she called me with A7.. A7.. you believe that..

RZ

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh ... Jennfier Tilly's FAVORITE and most Lucky Hand in the Ladies WSOP Event (and if you watch it, later with the WPT Ladies Night out III episode).
Old 11-08-2005, 06:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We are seeing some inaccurate editing by ESPN on this hand. There is no way that the clock was called on TW immediately after I went all-in. I remember this hand taking a long time, at least 5 minutes, and maybe as long as 15 minutes. I also don't recall hearing who called for the clock. My recollection is that when the floorman came over and told TW that she was on the clock, I asked him who put the clock on her, because I had not. As shown on ESPN, there is no way I could have missed seeing Sheik putting the clock on her, and that's not how I remember it at all.

In any event, I have no doubt that she had plenty of time to make a full decision on that hand. It may be that 5+ minutes went by before she asked for a physical count, and ESPN removed that time interval or any evidence of it from the show. I'm not 100% sure.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

It seems like a major reason why the AJ vs. KK hand and the KJs vs. AA hands took so long was that neither opponent would call a clock on her. It seems like this was an enormous tell.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:17 AM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Enormous Tell

[ QUOTE ]
It seems like a major reason why the AJ vs. KK hand and the KJs vs. AA hands took so long was that neither opponent would call a clock on her. It seems like this was an enormous tell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, usually your opponent will stay quiet and stop breathing when they're bluffing, in an attempt to not give off any signals and thus reduce the liklihood that you'll call them.

While if they want a call, they'll be yapping it up and acting pretty comfortable (their smiles will be genuine and not forced)

But, pro's can sometimes reverse tells. Some will do the same thing everytime to make it more difficult to get a read on them, etc. Then there are players like Daniel N, who can just yap it up either way.

But, given Tiffany's newness to the game, if one of her opponents called the clock, she might have viewed it as an attempt to force her to fold, which might then induce her call into their strong holdings.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:49 AM

Default SPOILER FOR TONIGHT(tiffany hand)

Kondracki Doubles Up, Cripples Williamson
Log: Tex Barch raises on the button. Tiffany Williamson reraises all-in for $1,200,000, and Brad Kondracki also goes all-in behind her for $900,000. Barch contemplates the call, pump fakes the muck, and then folds. Heads up now. Kondracki shows A-K against Williamson's A-3. The flop comes K-9-2. Williamson needs runner runner to catch up. The turn is the 9s, and Williamson is drawing dead. The river is the 5d. Kondracki doubles up to $2,000,00. Williamson is left with $300,000. Barch says he folded pocket 9's.

She loves ACE-RAG
Old 11-08-2005, 05:32 PM

Default Re: What Tiffany Willaimson did right *DELETED*

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Post deleted by Dynasty

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? 1000's of posts flaming this tool and you delete mine? What gives

[/ QUOTE ]

If yours is the one i'm thinking of, there was some pushback a while back as to the acronym nickname bestowed upon her. Whether it was potential racial overtones or gender overtones, I'm not sure. Kinda lame really. I think it's a clever nickname.

[/ QUOTE ]
There were NO racial or gender overtones to the nicknames, period. It was explained VERY succinctly by me and would have gone without reproach were it about a male. It is my opinion that some people are overly sensitive about things they don't know anything about. There are other prominent poker players that have almost the exact same nickname for less reason than I gave that experience zero negative connotation from it.

Otherwise, I haven't read all this thread, but as nice a person as Tiffany Williamson may be,(not gonna give the nickname, as Dynasty has already professed an itchy trigger finger, which he always seems to have for me anyways.), what she was doing was an angle shot, plain and simple. Her job is to look for loopholes. To think she didn't factor the effect of her stalling tactics is both an insult to her intelligence and ours.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a general response to people in this thread: why do you sit around obsessing over the fact that one person got lucky? You all are so [censored] jealous that you need to sit around saying "if that were me with those cards, I woulda won the whole thing!" WAAH WAAH WAAH. Get over it. What if your grandmother went to the WSOP having never played a hand of poker, but just wanted to gamble. She tried her best, took it very seriously, and even though she didn't understand a lot of concepts she still made it into the top 30. You'd be ecstatic for her! Meanwhile a bunch of acne scarred teenagers would sit around on poker forums calling her all sorts of awful names and generally griping at her luck. Plenty of people get lucky at poker - that's why it's so great! But most of you people need to get a clue. There is always somebody better than you. I'm sure that 95% of the people that go out of their way to criticize a self-professed novice have never made a significant amount of money at poker - and consistently make plays that the best players would sit around and laugh about if they were as inclined to waste their time as you all are.

She is a woman who played her best and got very lucky(just like everybody did who made it that far in the ME). She is not Phil Hellmuth or Mike Matusow, proclaiming that she is God's gift to the poker world. She is just another person who has figured out how to play poker and has a love for the game(just like everybody in this thread). We were all novices at one point, [censored] get over it.
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

Had she not exploited a rule to the Nth degree, I would be the first person applauding her. But she did, and I personally believe she knew exactly what she was doing when she did it. I'm not going to assume you know that she had the clock called on her upwards of 100 times from some estimates, and THREE TIMES IN ONE HAND, but I'm sure if you as a professional player were playing at the same table as her only getting in 10 hands per hour as opposed to other tables getting in 20-25, you'd have been plenty mad. I know I certainly would have been. This has little to nothing to do with jealousy, as I don't see anyone "hating" on the guy who came in one spot ahead of her, and your blanket indictment of posters in this thread is just plain lazy and wrong. You are supposedly a great poke rplayer, but your read blows here.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Tiffany played great. There wouldn't be nearly this uproar about her supposedly "bad" play if she weren't black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy ignorance Batman!

You forgot "and a woman"

Yes, Phil Ivey and Chris Darden CONSTANTLY are given a harder thime for their bad plays than most....
Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts

[ QUOTE ]
Had she not exploited a rule to the Nth degree, I would be the first person applauding her. But she did, and I personally believe she knew exactly what she was doing when she did it. I'm not going to assume you know that she had the clock called on her upwards of 100 times from some estimates, and THREE TIMES IN ONE HAND, but I'm sure if you as a professional player were playing at the same table as her only getting in 10 hands per hour as opposed to other tables getting in 20-25, you'd have been plenty mad. I know I certainly would have been. This has little to nothing to do with jealousy, as I don't see anyone "hating" on the guy who came in one spot ahead of her, and your blanket indictment of posters in this thread is just plain lazy and wrong. You are supposedly a great poke rplayer, but your read blows here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say, because we only get to see what ESPN edits, and hear "things" from various sources. Having not been there ourselves, it's difficult to know for certain.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's hard to say, because we only get to see what ESPN edits, and hear "things" from various sources. Having not been there ourselves, it's difficult to know for certain.

[/ QUOTE ]

True, but there are enough seperate sources saying how often she did this for my vote, plus ESPN is showing nothing that dissuades any of it. Did she REALLY take 27.5 minutes to fold KJs to a 3rd raise preflop though? (I have yet to see an episode...)
Old 11-08-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True, but there are enough seperate sources saying how often she did this for my vote, plus ESPN is showing nothing that dissuades any of it. Did she REALLY take 27.5 minutes to fold KJs to a 3rd raise preflop though? (I have yet to see an episode...)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't there, but from the discussion, apparently she did. Apparently someone else at the table had to call a clock, because her opponent had AA and wouldn't do it.

According to the dicussion by Tiffany and others, she was an inexperienced player making a decision for big real $s and it took her a while.

She probably thought the 2 suited face cards looked awfully pretty. However, she may have been getting 1.8-1 pot odds. If she and her opponent had been playing aggressively and she wanted to make a big gamble to avoid gradually losing chips to better players, then it may not have been as easy a laydown as it seems.