Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: WSOP 2+2 MTT Tracking Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah but Cardplayer is a bunch of complete retards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hence the qualifier [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Can this be true?

[ QUOTE ]
With the board showing K-5-2-2-4 with four diamonds, Gavin Griffin and Hunter Tappas get all of their money in the middle. Tappas showed Ad-Kd for the ace high flush. After seeing the ace of diamonds, Griffin mucked his hand. Griffin started the hand with $87,000 in chips, and lost it all to Tappas' flush. Gavin Griffin is eliminated early in Level 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible for the board to have four diamonds, a pair and a king in that scenario, btw....
Old 07-11-2005, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
With the board showing K-5-2-2-4 with four diamonds, Gavin Griffin and Hunter Tappas get all of their money in the middle. Tappas showed Ad-Kd for the ace high flush. After seeing the ace of diamonds, Griffin mucked his hand. Griffin started the hand with $87,000 in chips, and lost it all to Tappas' flush. Gavin Griffin is eliminated early in Level 11.

[/ QUOTE ]

Impossible for the board to have four diamonds, a pair and a king in that scenario, btw....

[/ QUOTE ]

NH
They are screwed up at Card Player
Old 07-11-2005, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd bet a buck for sure that the money went in on the turn, and Gavin's opponent called, or pushed, with his top-pair and nut flush redraw.

What a wicked game. Gavin was basically two 16s of purple horseshoes on the river away from being one of the big stacks in the tournament.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:54 AM

Just got message from Vegas saying Colson10 has 130k currently. Not many online (And live) players have been this hot going into the wsop. Gooo CARL!

Nick
Old 07-11-2005, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got message from Vegas saying Colson10 has 130k currently. Not many online (And live) players have been this hot going into the wsop. Gooo CARL!

Nick

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, GL Carl, from everyone here (except SossMan)!
Old 07-11-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

NH

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'd bet a buck for sure that the money went in on the turn, and Gavin's opponent called, or pushed, with his top-pair and nut flush redraw.

What a wicked game. Gavin was basically two 16s of purple horseshoes on the river away from being one of the big stacks in the tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

you lose [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

action is as follows...

gavin opens for 4k in the hijack. Button and BB call.

Kd5d2c flop. checked to gavin, he bets 12k. Button folds, BB minraises. Gavin calls.

Turn 2d. BB leads for 10k (wtf?!?!) Gavin makes it 51k. BB calls.

River 4d. BB shoves. Gavin tanks, calls, busts.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:27 AM

Hi Everyone,

I just got busted as well. Many of you may not know me too well--I post in the NL forum usually. Anyway, I'll give you a quick rundown of my tournament. Later on, I'll post some specific hands I have questions about, or just thought were interesting.

On Day 1C, I had good cards, and very few tough opponents, though there were a few. Throughout the tournament, I was the loosest, most aggressive player at each of my tables, with one exception (and he gave me trouble). I was trailing badly at some point in several of the big pots I won, but my opponents cost themselves the pot (and all their chips a few times) by failing to respond well to my aggression. I never got more than 20% of my chips in badly--obviously, I was running good enough to not be forced into that position.

I was at the same table for the entirety of day 1, and only one other original player made it with me. I doubled up fairly early when I raised UTG with T8s, flopped KQJ, and a kid with QQ played his hand timidly. Ace on the turn, and I eventually busted him. I played most of the day with about 20K, and then again got lucky with T8s. I opened in for 2K in LP (blinds 300/600), and a super-loose move-maker reraised me to 6K for about the 5th time from the SB. I called 4K more, planning on making a big move on the flop, unless something changed my mind. Flop was QJ9! He checked, I bet 5K, check-raised me all my chips (22 more, I think). I called, he showed AA--I would've lost a lot of chips if the flop had come down raggedy. That got me to around 55K, and I busted some short stacks who tried to bluff me.

I began day 2 with 65K, which was way above average. I started at a terrific table, and dialed it up to 80K or so in the first level. Lost 30K when I got all-in pre-flop with KK vs. AJo, but quickly got back up to 100K when I flopped trips on an A 9 9 board, and my opponent eventually gave me all of his 35K chips with QQ! Once I got 100K, I was just about unstoppable at my first table, which I was terribly sorry to see broken up. I was moved to another fairly weak table, and I continued to pile up chips, before getting moved again in less than an hour.

I had about 130K at my high point, before running into a buzzsaw of a table (Tommy Grimes, Freddy Bonyadi with a giant stack, some other unknown very tough players with 40-80K). Upon getting moved there with 115K or so, I promptly blew off 40K in a pot where I didn't know my opponent well enough to take the chances I took. I'll post these hands later, but they are long. Splashed around a little more against tight players who kept hitting the flop hard, got down to 35K, and got it all in as a 3 to 1 dog when I re-popped a loose player with A9s from the SB (he had AQ). This was the first time in the tourney I'd been all-in without a stone cold lock, and I sucked out. Settled down at that point with about 75K. Then, I went card-dead for about 90 minutes--raised pre-flop with KJs and ATo in MP and folded to tight players' big reraises; otherwise, I had nothing playable except for a couple free looks in the BB, which completely missed. Finally picked up AKo in MP with 38K. Blinds were 600/1200/200 ante, Tight player raised to 4K (standard/smallish) in EP, and I moved in--KK for him, I'm busted with about 750 players left. It's going to be a long time until next year.

Good luck to all 2+2ers still in contention.

Cero
Old 07-11-2005, 05:26 AM

I'm still in, 97K.

colson10
Old 07-11-2005, 06:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
now who do we root for?

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess it will be hard for some of you to root for 2+2's huntsky (Hunter Tappas).