Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Re: How old are you? Where do you live? Best poker achievement?

Realize this is really old, but i like the thread idea, and it'll be nice to know who all of you guys are.

So, for me:

I'm 20 (well, in a week November 21)
I'm in Jackson, NJ
I have a girlfriend of 3 years, but she's an idiot, and went to college in florida.
No occupation at the moment, or hopefully forever.
School situation is complicated, but to summarize: College dropout. But i swear i'm not the stereotypical dropout. Just class isn't for me.. (my highschool GPA was 2.5 (and was boosted by some teachers that pity-passed me), but i got 1410 on the SAT's, and a 5 on the AP calc test, so i'm an idiot, just not an IDIOT). Oh, and i went to the college of new jersey for a year, but no longer.
Favorite movie so far is probably Donnie Darko, love that movie.
Been playing poker for two years, started 'Taking it seriously' in May.. greatest accomplishment has to be 14th in EPT dublin, my first live tournament (i'm not counting a [censored] turbo tournament i played at Turning Stone).
and as for a picture, heres me in Dublin:

--

Thanks whoever bumped this thread, i'm looking forward to reading it all.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:56 PM

Hey, didnt knew we had the same hair color

http://files.upl.silentwhisper.net/upload8/PICT0014.JPG

EDIT: ok wow, that pic sure messed up the thread for me, so its just a link now
Old 11-14-2005, 02:10 PM

29, new york

best live: won 2 satteys for small time money, in limit games I once won $600 in 2 hours playing 3/6 (CRAZY). I've done well in NL cash games live winning 12 times out of 15.

best onLine: Won a few sitngos but nothing notable.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I build a mental pic of what people look like

[/ QUOTE ]

I just mentally connect people with their avatars.

I'll be dammned if Jurollo isn't actually Jake Gylenhaal.
Old 11-14-2005, 02:28 PM

Married for 3 years with 1 daughter (2 years old)
Graduated from UCSB with a degree in Environmental Studies and I am currently an high school teacher teaching Biology. I have been playing poker seriously for a little over a year. I just started putting my focus on MTT, previously i played 3/6 5/10 6 max. A year ago I won a 5 dollar tourney for a 400+ cash. Also made the final table on back to back nights in Poker Rooms 20k daily tourny with fields over 700 each night. Just joined pokerstars and will be playing in the 500k on the 20th.

Wish me luck!!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:31 PM

26 yr old in boston
started playing 7 card 5 years ago with some enthusiasts at my office- i learned some good lessons and started doing well at the 7card tables at foxwoods.
soon started playing HE online- PP, UB, and now mostly Bodog.

Steady wins in teh SnG's- some NL ring games, and 3/6 or 4/8 limit games.

Biggest win- 1st place $1100 in 271 man MTT.
Finished in the money and have final-tabled a number of tourneys for smaller payouts.

Took 1st place in a $50 buyin tourney with 18 of my buddies co-workers and their friends. Haven't been invited back.

Favorite movie- SNATCH
Old 11-14-2005, 02:37 PM

I am 18 years old since April 19th (meaning I can break the youngest WSOP bracelet winner record, yee-haw!).
I currently reside in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois.

I have no girlfriend and I am lonely. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Work is for chumps.

I'm a Freshman at the University of Illinois studying random things so it seems as if I am a good student.

Umm... I like foreign films a lot.

I had a string of 4 final tables in 2 days, that was pretty awesome. I haven't done that again but Rizen does that about every few days.

Aren't I a darling?

I'm still trying to improve my poker game, basically my biggest trouble is patience. It's hard to work on that...
Old 11-14-2005, 02:38 PM

wasn't going to post (bigtime lurker) but i only saw one other under 18er, and figured i had to represent the illegal gamblers among us (where are the rest of you!).
occupation besides poker: school... ugh.
studying everything.. still in high school... ugh.
favorite movie: office space
been playing about a year (poker baby boomer)

best accomplishment: winning $2500 in a week on PS without buying in for more than $20 (5 high money finishes in low buy in events, and two one outers in one day. :-D )
Old 11-14-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If studying, what and where?
barely got my highschool diploma might return to school eventually, probably not before i'm a millionaire

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome. Atleast i'm not the only one [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2005, 02:45 PM

Hey why not.

I'm 26, live outside of Philly. Currently single, working on changing that. I'm an IT professional at a large pharma company, graduated from Carnegie Mellon in 2001. My favorite movie would have to be Field of Dreams.

I've been playing poker in some form since I was about 15. Used to play fairly regularly in high school and college with my buddies, all sorts of different games, lots of good fun there. Didn't play as much after I got into the real world, just couldn't find a regular game. Only got more serious about it after donking myself out of a tournament on the bubble in my last Vegas trip and being very frustrated at how badly I played a hand and not even understanding that I had played it badly until my buddy explained it to me. Promised myself that I'd get better so I could play and not feel like I was wasting money. Took a few months of losing online play to realize that I wasn't learning, I was just reinforcing mistakes. So I came to these forums and no surprise, I've been playing winning poker ever since.

Mostly doing single table SNGs, recently moved up from the $11s to the $22s with great success so far. Best accomplishment to date is finishing 4th out of 3500 in a PP 20k freeroll for a $1200 payday.