Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2005, 01:50 AM

Default Re: A Special One Time Offer!!!

[ QUOTE ]
"Those guys like to talk about Noble prizes and such, but when it comes to actually putting some real money on the line they are nowhere to be found."

Show me a Nobel prize winnier who Daniel wouldn't gladly lay 1.25 against.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is they didn't dedicate much of their lives to poker, you did.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:24 AM

"Again, putting the bankroll issue aside for the moment, if you thought you were someone's equal, you'd jump at the chance to play for 10:9 odds.'

Fair enough. I will play him getting 10K to 9K odds. If I win the first I will play a second. 150-300, Eight or Better Stud $25 ante $50 bring in. I will play at the Wynn if their is no publicity. Also I will LAY those same odds against any of the posters on this thread who criticized me.
Old 05-19-2005, 05:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I will LAY those same odds against any of the posters on this thread who criticized me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, dude is manning up. Someone please take him up on this.
Old 05-19-2005, 06:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah but only if you don't like money, because he would clearly rip you all up for arse paper. This whole thread is pathetic, you lot are a bunch of kids who don't understand that the game sin't about [censored] glory or ego. It's about making money, if you are too stupid to figure this out, go play Negreanu yourselves.

Mack
Old 05-19-2005, 08:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Again, putting the bankroll issue aside for the moment, if you thought you were someone's equal, you'd jump at the chance to play for 10:9 odds.'

Fair enough. I will play him getting 10K to 9K odds. If I win the first I will play a second. 150-300, Eight or Better Stud $25 ante $50 bring in. I will play at the Wynn if their is no publicity. Also I will LAY those same odds against any of the posters on this thread who criticized me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thattaboy, David. Here we go.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:06 AM

Yeah but only if you don't like money, because he would clearly rip you all up for arse paper.

[ QUOTE ]
This whole thread is pathetic, you lot are a bunch of kids who don't understand that the game sin't about [censored] glory or ego.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's about making money, if you are too stupid to figure this out, go play Negreanu yourselves.

Since when...?
Old 05-19-2005, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since when...?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since always, I guess you are one of these guys who'd take the bracelet over the cash if you were offered the choice, I'd rather be a rich nobody than a famous broke bum anyday, go figure.

Mack
Old 05-19-2005, 12:17 PM

I can't take you up on it, because my bankroll can't support a 9k gamble.

But I would play you for, say, 4k, nl holdem or triple draw, getting 4:5 odds.

Heck, I'd play you for 2 or 3k, at 9:10, just for the chance to play David Sklansky, though I figure I'd be taking the worst of it.
Old 05-19-2005, 12:45 PM

David I will happily take 5K of your action against Negreanu via FedEx'd cash or cashier's check getting 11:10, hassle free to you (no phone calls, cash in and go home or cash out). I am not wealthy or I would back the whole deal. It would be nice if you could hold it June 18-25 when I will be in Vegas but that's not critical.

As for your heads-up challenge, your tie is crooked (criticism criteria met), and would you play heads up pot limit or no limit holdem?

A suggestion: If you ever decide to do a little promotion, offering heads up matches for smaller stakes to 2+2ers would be well received here. Even at $3,000 you'd get a lot of interest and we'd all enjoy following the games. I'm sure there are people on here who could set up webcasting too.

Matt
Old 05-19-2005, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure there are people on here who could set up webcasting too.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm drooling over just the thought of this. I like Live at the Bike as much as the next guy but DS HU vs. 2+2 posters would blow it out of the water.