Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2005, 06:26 PM

Default Re: Dear bison: the May advice thread.

Dear Blueberry,

they fizzled out.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:34 PM

Sounds like your problem much more serious than mine, so my recommendation might not help. However, I've been using a homeopathic remedy by Hylands's called "Calms Forte". I take 2-3 tablets 15-30 minutes before going to bed and it has helped me significantly.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:44 PM

Dear Bison Bison,
This is 2 part.

What's the coolest drinking game you know of for 4-7 people in a dorm room so beer pong is out of the question. Hard alcohol or mixed drinks are going to be used instead of beer most likely.

What's the absolute best 'drunk for the buck' i've seen $11 half gallons of vodka as well as $4 bottles of wine...what's my best option if my only preference is being as thrifty as possible.

Thanks dude.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like your problem much more serious than mine, so my recommendation might not help. However, I've been using a homeopathic remedy by Hylands's called "Calms Forte". I take 2-3 tablets 15-30 minutes before going to bed and it has helped me significantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can I get some?
Old 05-05-2005, 10:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Where can I get some?

[/ QUOTE ]

Check the Store Locator on the Hyland's website.

I expect you will be able to find it at any good health food store that sells supplaments and natural/homeopathic remedies.
Old 05-05-2005, 03:44 PM

Dear Bison,

This is my first question to you, since I'm relatively new here, but it's an important one in my life (and maybe for the rest of it).

I've been dating this girl for a little more than a year, and have known her since junior high. (Just graduated from College). We both have our degrees and are in successful entry level positions. She is cute, gorgeous, caring, thoughtful, and even plays, and wants to play poker with me any chance she can get (I taught her and we've been at multiple final tables together).

I definitely want to marry her, and am considering proposing to her on our trip to Vegas this summer. One problem that hangs heavy on me was early on in our relationship (first 3 months), I cheated on her...multiple times. 3 different girls, once with each girl. After the last one I swore it off forever because I realized I shouldn't be throwing away the most +EV thing going on in my life right now.

I think that confessing to her will get me castrated. Either by her, or my family and friends: they all love her and have seen me destroy previous relationships (and x-gfs lives). In fact, she'll probably read this and dump me on the spot. I really want to spend the rest of my life with this girl, but am worried I'm going to let this hang over my head for the rest of my life. I have never cheated on a girlfriend before, (honestly) and do not plan on cheating on her EVER again.

What do I do? Write it off as an "early relationship stage"? (Because I've done that already). Sidenote: Before her, I was drinking 3 nights a week, and couldn't wait to hook up with my next "new thing", and it was really tough for me to go from that life to a monogomous (sp) non-drinking one. And yes, I've been checked...no STDs...I wear my protection.

Or, fess up and live with the consequences for the rest of my life?

I'm so torn.

Setoy
Old 05-05-2005, 03:54 PM

methinks an online forum, however genius its posters may be, may not be the best place to get this answered.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:51 PM

Dear Setoy,

The gist: At the beginning of this year-long relationship you cheated on your girlfriend three distinct times.

You swore it off because you'd be throwing away your relationship, and you didn't tell her because you'd be throwing away, and now that you're far enough away from that person you felt you were, you can write it off as an "early relationship stage".*

You should tell her. If she thinks you've changed a lot since then (which it sounds like you have) and you're sincere and whatever, then maybe it can work. But frankly, this wasn't one time at a party where you got drunk and made out with someone. This was three separate decisions. She deserves to know.

*Remember that stage? The one where, in the first blush of love with someone, you go and hook up with three different girls?
Old 05-05-2005, 04:53 PM

A-[censored]-men. If you don't tell her, consider your relationship doomed. Whether it be by your guilt or by her finding out somehow, it won't work, trust me.

Sorry to butt in, but I've been there...several times.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I've been using a homeopathic remedy by Hylands's called "Calms Forte".

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but have you ever looked at the theory behind homeopathy? Do you know what designations like 100C actually mean?