Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Official White Sox vs. Indians Thread

[ QUOTE ]
winning tonight makes things much easier for the tribe.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't be surprised to see a lot of backups in the lineup for the Sox tonight. Also, I'm betting Buehrle goes no more than 5 IP, and the bullpen regulars get the night off.
Old 09-30-2005, 05:32 PM

It makes sense for the Sox to botch these games and let the Tribe into the playoffs. I personally would fear Yanks and Bosox more than Anaheim and Cleveland. If Cleveland doesn't make it to the playoffs, Chisox would play the AL Wild Card (either Yanks or Bosox).

As a Chisox fan, what result do you want to see?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be surprised to see a lot of backups in the lineup for the Sox tonight. Also, I'm betting Buehrle goes no more than 5 IP, and the bullpen regulars get the night off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are they starting the next two games?
Old 09-30-2005, 06:43 PM

I would doubt that the regulars automatically get the night off tonight- baseball is a rythm game, and most bullpen guys aren't used to going 5-7 days without pitching (which they would if they don't pitch this series. I personally think that Chicago will treat this as an important game since homefield in the ALCS can still go to the yankees.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As a diehard White Sox fan I'd much rather see the east get the wildcard. Neither Bos or NY have good enough pitching and we matchup better there. Plus it would mean we get an east team first rather than the Angels who are the only AL team that scares me. Bos and NY just aren't so dominant like years past both having very suspect pitching staffs.

But I'll take what comes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] It's all a crapshoot anyway depending on who gets hot, who gets cold and who chokes. But Cleveland deserves to and probably will be it as they have been the best team in baseball the past few months after a slow start. No team AL or NL is charging into the playoffs with a head of steam and all the series should be closely contested.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It makes sense for the Sox to botch these games and let the Tribe into the playoffs. I personally would fear Yanks and Bosox more than Anaheim and Cleveland. If Cleveland doesn't make it to the playoffs, Chisox would play the AL Wild Card (either Yanks or Bosox).

[/ QUOTE ]

I want to see the Sox win one game, that will lock up home field through out the playoffs. Boston win two games forcing a one game playoff against New York for the division and another one game playoff against the Indians for the wildcard. Everyone will be exhausted except for the Sox. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-30-2005, 08:48 PM

I am guessing this will be Buehrle's last inning?

craig
Old 09-30-2005, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are they starting the next two games?

[/ QUOTE ]

Garland is starting on Saturday. I'd expect about the same workload from his as Buerhle got tonight. 90 pitches...5-6 IP? McCarthy is pitching Sunday. He'll probably pitch in relief if he's on the playoff roster, so they'll let him go.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would doubt that the regulars automatically get the night off tonight- baseball is a rythm game, and most bullpen guys aren't used to going 5-7 days without pitching (which they would if they don't pitch this series. I personally think that Chicago will treat this as an important game since homefield in the ALCS can still go to the yankees.

[/ QUOTE ]
Only two regulars in the lineup tonight. Guess that settles that. I don't expect that for the whole series though -- most of the regulars will be back for the rest of the series. The Sox haven't had a day off in quite some time though, so a rest was in order.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
After the last month, I'm just glad it was wrapped up before this weekend. That said, Cleveland is probably the most complete team in the AL. Them not making it would be best for us.