Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2005, 01:59 PM

Default Empire 6 max--still loosy goosy

After my previous experience at the rock garden that was Empire full ring, I decided to try some 6 max play. Glad to report it's still squishy soft and fishtastic:

Empire Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

River: (11 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Jd (two pair, aces and threes).
UTG has Tc Js (one pair, threes).
MP has 5d 9s (two pair, fives and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins 14 BB. </font>

Both MP and UTG have VPIP &gt; 70. Two new buddies.
Old 10-15-2005, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Empire 6 max--still loosy goosy

Empire Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, MP calls, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG calls, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (28.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 34.50 BB

Results
Hero has Td Th (three of a kind, tens).
UTG has Ad Ah (one pair, aces).
Outcome: Hero wins 34.50 BB.

Also, whoever it was I was playing with this morning needs to stfu and knock off the table coaching and the chewing out of the producers. (It was me who you chewed out after I called your bluffing ass down w/ a pair of 5's.)
Old 10-15-2005, 08:46 PM

Default OK, I know cats take a lot of hypothetical abuse around here but...

what do you do when...

YOU ARE AT THE SWEETEST TABLE YOU'VE SEEN IN A WHILE...

and your cat...

<font color="red">STEPS ON YOUR MOUSE AND FOLDS YOUR POCKET TENS AND THE FLOP COMES 10 HIGH??????</font>
Old 10-15-2005, 09:03 PM

Default Re: OK, I know cats take a lot of hypothetical abuse around here but..

[ QUOTE ]
what do you do when...

and your cat...

<font color="red">STEPS ON YOUR MOUSE AND FOLDS YOUR POCKET TENS AND THE FLOP COMES 10 HIGH??????</font>

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, kick the cat?
Old 10-15-2005, 10:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what do you do when...

and your cat...

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, Stomp the !@#$ out of the cat?

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 10-15-2005, 10:43 PM

Isn't it the greatest feeling int he world where you KNOW you are beat on the river, you just know it, you make a crying call and still win!

The other day I had an unimproved pocket 66 on the river against 1 bettor, board had a few overs, pot was decent sized.. i thought about it for along time and just called

Bettor shows pocket 55!

EAT THAT BOZO!
Old 10-15-2005, 11:39 PM

Male or female cat?
Old 10-15-2005, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Third Coming of the Designated No Content Thread! (Post it in here

No Absolute convertor, so...

1/2 6-max (6-handed)

Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Preflop: UTG limps, MP (poster) checks, CO calls, Button raises, SB folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG folds, MP calls, CO calls, Button caps, all call (1 all-in).

Flop: (16 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets, MP raises, Button 3-bets, Hero caps, all call.

Turn: (14 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero bets, MP calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, MP calls, Button caps, all call.

At this point, I'm thinking an overpair is the most likely possibility. Right?

River: (26 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero bets, MP folds, Button raises, Hero pauses, thinks "If he has QQ, so be it" and 3-bets, Button caps.

Results: Villain shows T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] for the flopped straight and types "oops" in the chat box.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:52 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Female. Her name was Cleo...

Naw, I'm a softie, the cat is still breathing and I even fed her the dinner she was pestering me for when she jumped on the desk. She's just lucky that I'm on an incredibly hot run of cards overall.
Old 10-16-2005, 04:13 AM

Default I love the NC thread!

Fer shizzle!

Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Bubba is BB with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Bubba calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (8.40 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Bubba bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Bubba bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, Button folds, Bubba calls, MP1 calls.

River: (15.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Bubba checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Bubba raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Bubba caps</font>, MP1 calls (all-in), MP2 calls.
Final Pot: 15.20 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
MP1 has 8d Td (flush, ten high).
MP2 has Ad 9d (straight flush, five high).
Bubba has 6d 6h (straight flush, six high).
Outcome: Bubba wins 15.20 BB. </font>