Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: My FInal Word

Yes...25k points in the VIP club gets the free TV.
Interesting that you didn't have to request it or anything though and obviously didn't know about it.

I'm around 13k points now and am hoping to get to 15k points reasonably soon.
25k points for that TV in a few months would be REALLY cool.

Glad to hear your reasonably upbeat David.
I think your mental approach is reasonably solid. You don't 'pretend' like you never get upset about the beats in your posts here.

The support system around you is REALLY important imo.
At just the right time when my losses are getting a little aggrevating I'll go out with my GF...or get a call from a friend or relative...or even have my silly little cat jump into my lap...and the losses just don't seem as big a deal. Little things...but it works.

Unfortunately...I don't think the local authorities would appreciate it if I prowled the streets looking for 11-year-olds for laser-tag aggression-venting purposes.
I guess I'll just have to settle for my weekend adult-soccer league.
Old 01-31-2005, 10:41 PM

Default Re: 510 BB downswing

Losing that much in one session is just brutal.

Why not set a stop-loss? I find the 15/30 game becomes tougher when I'm losing. I think my opponents pick up on the fact I'm not hitting well and scooping much, so they call me more and take more shots. When I think this has happened I pick up from the table no matter how juicy it is.

During my recent trip to Tunica, I was getting killed in the 30-60 game. I literally went from 10 AM to 10:30 PM without winning a hand. Not kidding. I did take 2 significant breaks from the table during that time, but I'm not exagerating here. I played at least 7-8 hours without winning so much as the blinds.

At one point, a friend of mine sitting next to me said while I was fishing another fistful of 100's out of my pocket, "You know Scott, sometimes tomorrow is another day".

I had forgotten my own rule and thankfully my friend was there to remind me. And I got up.

-Scott
Old 01-31-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: 510 BB downswing

See Steve Giufre's post in the Mid/High forum in a similar thread. He and many others have had a great month. I have a few friends who had a great month in the 15/30 and said the games are better than ever.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:35 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

they don't credit the points from your total? so if you accrue that many points you automatically get a TV? I guess that means I should stop wasting 5000 points on $50
Old 02-01-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
they don't credit the points from your total? so if you accrue that many points you automatically get a TV? I guess that means I should stop wasting 5000 points on $50

[/ QUOTE ]

it does not matter if you have 10 pts in your account at the time. all that matters is how many points you have earned through your play til that point.... i have 4k points to go! nice to hear its a decent tv at least.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:54 AM

right....it doesn't matter whether you spend the points or not. I am spending 2k points each mth on their VIP-WSOP tourney.
My total points available is 5k or something...but accrued points is at 13k I think so I'm closing in on Royal-Flush club status and hope to have the TV in a few mths.

you guys with the 15k points are taking advantage of your monthly $100 bonus right??

I'm not even sure if it's that much better than a decent rake-back at 15/30.

1k hands for $100 (which is what I think it is on the Royal-flush club reloads) is $0.10 a hand.

Whereas 30% rakeback (if you are getting this much) should be just a little bit less than this.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:21 AM

I take it you can't have both rakeback and be in the club? This is most likely a retarded question.

Thanks.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:28 AM

sure you can.

the point is that you don't get any rake-back when you are clearing a reload. they offer a monthly reload when you are in the club....
but, in my estimation, these reloads are only barely better than a good rake-back for a full-time 15/30 player.

Thus, taking advantage of the rake-back reloads each month might be pretty close to a waste of time.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:32 AM

Thanks for the clarification. When I see posts about "rakeback VS bonus" I always assumed these debates popped up because you could either do just one or the other. I didn't know you could do both.
Old 02-01-2005, 02:06 AM

"10% bonus up to $100 on your first deposit of every month - a GREAT CASH prize geared to help you win more money, faster.
The bonus will be credited directly to your account within 48 hours- No raked hands required and no restriction!"

Taken from Empire page. Just wondering, if there is no raked hands required how does that affect one's rakeback program.