Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: OOT Survivor #1 (grudge match)

[ QUOTE ]
ive been a member for long enough to know, but havent been a regular poster or OOTer long enough:

what did thinman do to piss everyone off?

i know a lot of people have him on their ignore lists, ive only read a few of his posts, so im just interested in hearing what the deal is

[/ QUOTE ]

He comes off as the "protector of women".
Also he responds negatively to many posts. Just a source of a lot of negativity. He's not a happy guy and it comes off in his posts. However, he is also an older gentleman who offers some good insights into life and whatnot. His posts are always thought out and content rich. He's not one to say "SIIHP" or "FYP" or to simply quote another poster. He is not a part of any of the problems of OOT.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It amazes me that so many people chose to take part in this mean-spirited campaign. Any analogy I could make would be rightly seen as blowing things out of proportion. If you don't see how wrong this is...

[/ QUOTE ]

he who controls the mob, controls OOT.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:08 AM

Look. Obviously many of you don't have the right attitude to deal with this kind of thing. It's funny. Don't take the internet too seriously, it's just the internet.

Life is a big game and this is a fun sub-plot. Sit back, enjoy it, and have fun.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You are breaking your own rule that you set as a bannable offense for this forum.

You are treating OOT as your own personal little kingdom or island or whatever. Twoplustwo allowed you to be a mod to clean up the forum, and keep things tasteful. Though I don't disagree that the content in some of the banned posters' threads should not be here, as with all other mods, banning should be your last resort. You have other tools at your discretion for cleaning up this place such as the ability to edit, delete, or move unwanted posts. Try using those instead of banning everyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. I just want to add one thing: if one or both of the people up for banning have broken rules of OOT for which the punishment is banishment, then they should simply be banned. Why have a vote? It's not like every OOTiot is up to date on the offenses of Jake and ThinMan.

Oh, wait, now I remember: it's just childishness. I can't believe someone gave [censored] power over this forum, and I can't believe he hasn't lost it yet.

Let them both stay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree completely.

This is childish and stupid. [censored], you are a joke. You are one of the worst moderators I've ever seen on any forum I've been a part of. You are the only person that should be leaving OOT, and it isn't close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Many if not most forums I've been on, and I've been on them since the 80s, have had way worse moderators than [censored]. I just quit a forum I liked very much because one was completely out of control, and so were the fawning sycophantic monkeys who had buttkissed their way into his good graces, and another I like has really pretty damn bad moderators too. Enough that it makes me queasy and I figure quitting is inevitable.

Most forums have fairly sickening cliques built up around moderator worship, which the mods reward and are happier than a pig in sh*t in about. To [censored]'s credit, whatever his flaws might be, he doesn't seem to be setting himself up for idolatry. Fearful compliance, maybe. And he isn't throttling discussions that don't suck, as far as I can see.

We'll see what the future brings. I had thought this would be a terrible idea and a total bust, but I think it's turning out better than I would have expected. Suspending my judgment did me good, this time.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:31 AM

vote for jake the snake to leave
Old 10-17-2005, 02:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look. Obviously many of you don't have the right attitude to deal with this kind of thing. It's funny. Don't take the internet too seriously, it's just the internet.

Life is a big game and this is a fun sub-plot. Sit back, enjoy it, and have fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it's only the internet and most people are just having fun with this and none of it matters much, even to the people being banned. However, you are kidding yourself if you think this isn't meanspirited. I make it a point to never get involved in this sort of thing in real life so I don't see a reason to participate online either, even if it is all a big joke.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bye, Thinman.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-17-2005, 02:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, it's only the internet and most people are just having fun with this and none of it matters much, even to the people being banned. However, you are kidding yourself if you think this isn't meanspirited. I make it a point to never get involved in this sort of thing in real life so I don't see a reason to participate online either, even if it is all a big joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Much like the direction the Chuddo episode took when posters from here started writing some pretty disturbing comments on her web page. Fine, "its just the internet", but it is also yet another way in which we interact with the world and each other. That it is the online world doesn't excuse you from being a decent human being.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said. Much like the direction the Chuddo episode took when posters from here started writing some pretty disturbing comments on her web page. Fine, "its just the internet", but it is also yet another way in which we interact with the world and each other. That it is the online world doesn't excuse you from being a decent human being.

[/ QUOTE ]the Chuddo incident is much much different than this one.
Old 10-17-2005, 02:50 AM

I'm doing it on a case by case basis. I like Jake, so I feel it would be worse not to vote to keep him, than to abstain. Next time, who knows. I'm fickle, and how mean-spirited this whole thing is, is still up in the air, I think. As [censored] notes, he's just going to ban who he doesn't like anyway, so at least this way we have some input. Just a guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if most of the people put up were folks he was going to ban anyway, and I'm very sure he knew how this one was going to come out before he made it.

I sound more supportive of this than I ever thought I would in a million lifetimes, but so far, he doesn't seem to have fvcked it up yet.
Closed Thread