Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you probably intimated the same sentiment anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can show me a quote of mine intimating the quote below, I'll quit this website. If you can't, you quit this website. Deal? Should be a slam dunk deal for you, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and wasn't it you that said that the Cardinals "own Oswalt..especially at home"????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too lazy to look for it.

But even if I find it, I don't want you to be forced to leave this site. I've still got a lot to teach you before I can set you free. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Carpenter is anything but an automatic win in game 5. Pettite had one bad outing this series. He won't have another one. His knee is healing and he will be at Minute Maid. I like our chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Carpy is a lock. He's, what, 5-0 vs Clemens, Oswalt and Pettitte this year? Keep underestimating him. I'd rather have him than any other pitcher in baseball right now.

[/ QUOTE ]

chris carpenter has not lost to the astros this year. he has defeated pettitte twice and clemens twice, and roy oswalt once. without the fluke game in september, he easily has a sub .9 WHIP and sub 1 ERA against the astros. this is CHRIS 22 CONSECUTIVE [censored] QUALITY STARTS CARPENTER you're talking about.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can show me a quote of mine intimating the quote below, I'll quit this website. If you can't, you quit this website. Deal? Should be a slam dunk deal for you, right?

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, and wasn't it you that said that the Cardinals "own Oswalt..especially at home"????

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But even if I find it, I don't want you to be forced to leave this site. I've still got a lot to teach you before I can set you free. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You are so pathetic. You spend weeks dreaming up mindless nonsensical drivel, you've lied about very well respected posters, you've done all you can to change the subject when a few of the dozens of holes in your logic are pointed out.

K Steel, in all sincerity, I pity you. But, damn, I love reading your spew.

Josh
Old 10-14-2005, 06:14 PM

I didn't realize you thought so little of your boys.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should still be a great series, but the loss definitely puts the Cards behind the 8-ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I like about it is now I get to be a Card's fan. Being on the side as K Steel was making my side split from laughter.

I like Suppan in 4...he didn't face the Stros at all this year, which will play in his favor. Also, he has a lower ERA than Morris, Mulder, or Marquis. He has a 2.78 post-allstar ERA, and under 2.0 in September. With him and Carp in 4 and 5, it's nearly impossible for HOU to sweep at home, and will be a struggle to win even 2 outta 3.

Josh
Old 10-14-2005, 10:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You spend weeks dreaming up mindless nonsensical drivel
Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

nah man, these gems just roll right off my tongue. No premeditation on my part.

Try and keep up, sir.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should still be a great series, but the loss definitely puts the Cards behind the 8-ball.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I like about it is now I get to be a Card's fan. Being on the side as K Steel was making my side split from laughter.

I like Suppan in 4...he didn't face the Stros at all this year, which will play in his favor. Also, he has a lower ERA than Morris, Mulder, or Marquis. He has a 2.78 post-allstar ERA, and under 2.0 in September. With him and Carp in 4 and 5, it's nearly impossible for HOU to sweep at home, and will be a struggle to win even 2 outta 3.

Josh

[/ QUOTE ]

You are also failing to point out that he out-dueled the Rocket last year in Game 7.

Sorry, I'm just trying to be unbiased here. TLR is going with Suppan probably because of this fact, primarily. Soup stepped up bigtime last year and TLR and Astros fans have not forgotten. It seems as though many Cardinal fans have forgotten this, somehow.

EDIT: That, I cannot help them with. I can only point out when they fail to remember/bring up valid points.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Translation: "Whoooops, I was talking [censored] and got called on it, time to try and change the subject."

Prove it, admit you screwed up, or go away.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:46 PM

Apparently you don't understand free speech.

Anyone can make an outrageous claim, and nobody can force them to retract it.

Whether I'm right or wrong... deal with it. Let's talk baseball. I'm waiting for you to start.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Whether I'm right or wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you aren't even man enough to admit you screwed up (or outright lied), I have no choice but to dub thee #58. Later.