Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2004, 04:29 PM

Default Re: So now I\'m really confused..read

It would be funny if this was all legit, but they left out that you had to play 2,500 hands on tables $15/$30 +

LOL
Old 09-28-2004, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Because I don't want to eat the Neteller charge if I'm not gonna have that ginormous bonus waiting for me. I know, penny-pinching, but I'm in college and $500 is a good amount for me. I just don't want to throw my money into a new account unless I'm sure that it's gonna be profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Neteller charges you? They don't charge me. Weird.

Anyways, that said, if you're a winning player then playing 5,000~ hands or so is +EV anyways.

Look, I appreciate that $500 is a lot of money, but the play is virtually risk free and these people sending emails are threatening the deal for others.

And by the way, Neteller shouldn't be charging you to move money between Party and Empire.

ElSapo
Old 09-28-2004, 04:35 PM

Something odd is going on here so I sent them this email to check and see if this is all kosher.

Dear Empire Poker Suport,

It appears as if there is a really large bonus under the code MATCHBONUSEP. It matches 100% up to $500! I didn't get an email or a popup but everyone is going crazy on the boards about this and I wanted to double check with you to make sure this is working as intended. Its not even a signup bonus either it works as a reload too. Please let me know so that I can reload under this code. Thanks,

Mario.

Their response:

Dear Mario,

Thank you for contacting us.

We see that you have already received a sign up bonus on yourfirst deposit and a sign up bonus is issued only once and on the first deposit. We see that we do not have any bonus offered with the bonus code MATCHBONUSEP.

But we see that you are a special player on our site and offer you a 20% Deposit Bonus (to a maximum of $100) on your next deposit through IGM-Pay ( through your US checking account ). This is a release-restricted
bonus and all you have to do is play the required number of raked hands (five times the bonus amount) so that the bonus is credited to your account. The bonus code for the deposit is "IGMPAY". Just make the deposit and get back to us so that we can issue the bonus to your account.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Thank you for choosing us as your online gaming site!

Pradeep
Poker Customer Care
Old 09-28-2004, 04:39 PM

Default My e-mail from Empire

I tryed the code on my first deposit to empire, and nothing showed up in my account. Here is their response to my e-mail:

We understand your concern however as per your account we see that you are not eligible for this bonus mainly because you did not down load the software form the CD and secondly because that particular bonus has expired. Since you did not get the bonus we like to offer you a 25% up to maximum of $100 bonus on your already deposited amount. You will have to play 5 times the bonus amount in raked hands in order to be able to use this bonus amount and you will have play the raked hands within 30 days from the day the bonus is added to your bonus account.

Please reply back to this e-mail so that we can go ahead and add the bonus amount to your account.

If you have any questions or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Department at any time. We are here 24/7 to assist you via email.

Benoy
Poker Customer Care
Old 09-28-2004, 04:41 PM

You people are [censored] stupid.

Keep on e-mailing them so they shut it down.

Jackass's
Old 09-28-2004, 04:43 PM

Default ARE YOU AN IDIOT?

Great send them an e-mail - you idiot...

There are those of us waiting to get our deposits in still and you go and write them???????????

Have some common sense....If i miss this I am hunting you down.

Orange
Old 09-28-2004, 04:45 PM

Default Interesting reply from Empire

I decided to follow up with them:

Pradeep,

I don't think you understand. It's like you are giving away a free $500 to pretty much anyone. Is this how it's supposed to work? Can I deposit twice under this code? Or do I have to make a fake Empire account under my dog's name? I'd really like to take advantage of this excellent bonus. Thanks!

Mario.

Their response:

Dear Mario,

We see that you have already received a sign up bonus on yourfirst deposit and a sign up bonus is issuedonly once and on the first deposit.We see that we do not have anybonus offered with the bonus code MATCHBONUSEP.

But we see that you are a special player on our site and offer you a 20% Deposit Bonus (to a maximum of $100) on your next deposit through IGM-Pay ( through your US checking account ). This is a release-restricted bonus and all you have to do is play the required number of raked hands(five times the bonus amount) so that the bonus is credited to your account. The bonus code for the deposit is "IGMPAY". Just make the deposit and get back to us so that we can issue the bonus to your account.

Apu
Poker Customer Care
Old 09-28-2004, 04:46 PM

Default STOP E-MAILING THEM

You people have no common sense - you are costing others money
Old 09-28-2004, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Interesting reply from Empire

I'm assuming this is a joke, and that you didn't actually email this.

ElSapo
Old 09-28-2004, 04:47 PM

IQ = 60