Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Spend over $50?
Yes 7 23.33%
No 23 76.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Circumcise my baby boy?

if i recall correctly (i will look it up if challenged) Rabbi Ram Bam (a renowned doctor of his age) cited the following reason for circumcision (this was in the dark ages).

uncircumcized men are so far superior sexually, that a woman would be under his spell and would not have the power to leave him. hence, it is a rational choice for a man to be circumsized, as it will leave his woman lucid and force him to treat her better.

uncircumsized by a landslide.
Old 10-24-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Given that you say this:

[ QUOTE ]
Never been with an uncircumcised guy so I don't really have both perspectives

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you say this:

[ QUOTE ]
given the choice...I'd choose circumcised by a LANDSLIDE.

[/ QUOTE ]

?

[/ QUOTE ]

all i know is, i have seen pics of wsuchica, if i was uncut and she asked me to get it done, i'd go straight to the hospital
Old 10-24-2005, 07:29 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
I saw the Penn & Teller episode where they covered circumcision. They were especially harsh critics toward the women that think that uncircumcised penises are gross. If you are a woman that thinks that, I would hope that you would think long and hard about what that simple opinion is doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. but how do you feel about boob jobs ?
(not saying it is the same thing, but the whole "look what you're opinion is contributing to" thing made me think of it)
also i am pretty sure if it was the other way around, and an after birth snip made something about a womans body more appealing to a man, they would be all for it.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:37 PM

Default Are circumcised guys better lovers?

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like im a little late in posting!

If you want another lady's perspective here's mine:

Never been with an uncircumcised guy so I don't really have both perspectives here but given the choice...I'd choose circumcised by a LANDSLIDE.

Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a circumcised guy but I'm not available [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Elsewhere in this thread I mentioned that Dr. Dean Adell (he hosts a radio talk show) was against circumcision. If my fading memory serves one of his arguments against circumcision was that an uncircumcised guy tends to have a much greater degree of sensitivity, and this tended to result in guys WHO HAVE LEARNED TO TAKE THEIR TIME when making love.

Apparently not getting circumcised was common in much of Europe, and women who had European lovers seemed to be his source. Of course the lovers could have been Italian.

~ Rick
Old 10-24-2005, 07:39 PM

Default Re: POV from somebody that\'s performed circumcisions

[ QUOTE ]
I am an obstetrician and have performed over 200 circumcisions. So, I have had this conversation with numerous families and am aware of the medical literature. I'll give you the basics in case it is helpful (both pros and cons):

1. The circumcision procedure is not particularly gruesome or painful. It takes me 90 seconds and some infants hardly cry. Most infants cry harder, and longer, when they have their heel sticks done for blood tests. It's not likely that it bothers them more than being born.

2. There is no compelling medical reason to have your infant circumcised.

3. Penile cancer (lifetime) and urinary tract infections in the first 2 years of life are less common in circumcised males. But both are so uncommon that it is not a very important consideration from a statistical standpoint.

4. It is easier to clean a circumcised penis. It is also not very difficult to clean an uncircumcised one, but this is a concern for some mothers.

5. The argument "he can always get a circumcision later if he wants to," is the single worst argument against circumcision that exists.

6. Circumcision is more common in America than non-circumcision and most humans prefer to be common when it comes to matters concerning their sexual organs.

7. Most American women, when polled, will say that they prefer circumcised males.

8. The arguments that "the penis was not meant to be circumcised" or that the intervention is "unnatural" are very flimsy in a modern society. Armpit and genital hair were not meant to be removed, and artificial scents were not "meant" to be applied to the female body, but there does seem to be a social convention for sexuality that involves altering our natural appearance... right or wrong.

9. An uncircumcised male is unlikely to ever endure any significant emotional trauma or relationship difficulty solely due to his uncircumcised state.

10. Some infants will develop a condition called phimosis, where the foreskin contracts and can no longer be retracted over the head of the penis. This sucks and requires circumcision later in childhood or infancy. This condition is common enough, and a big enough deal, that it would be the compelling reason for me to choose circumcision for my son if all other factors were completely equal.

Irieguy

[/ QUOTE ]

Very well stated, nonetheless, what the hell are you doing in OOT? You are confusing the masses with cogently-stated facts.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
btw do you mean youre indifferent on the matter rather than ambivalent?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well kinda both. Indifferent because it's not a big deal either way and ambivalent because I keep going back and forth. My ego wants my boy to have the same pretty pecker as his dad, but logic is pointing towards leaving him whole.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just let the kid decide when he's old enough to decide.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i agree. but how do you feel about boob jobs ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not nearly as many American women have boob jobs as American men have circumcisions... but... I think women should not feel pressured to alter their bodies. Honestly, I think natural is more beautiful.

[ QUOTE ]
also i am pretty sure if it was the other way around, and an after birth snip made something about a womans body more appealing to a man, they would be all for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would not be. If a woman chooses to do something, then that's one thing. But, to force a baby to surgically alter their body because we feel that it's more attractive... is... barbaric.
Old 10-24-2005, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
7. Most American women, when polled, will say that they prefer circumcised males.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just wrote the somewhat whimsical "Are circumcised men better lovers" subpost below. In regards to point 7. above I wonder if the polled woman prefer circumcised males not based on actual experience; rather a perception that uncircumcised men's organs are weird, gross or unclean.

~ Rick
Old 10-24-2005, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like im a little late in posting!

If you want another lady's perspective here's mine:

Never been with an uncircumcised guy so I don't really have both perspectives here but given the choice...I'd choose circumcised by a LANDSLIDE.

Good Luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

I could get you to change your mind.
Old 10-24-2005, 08:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Very well stated, nonetheless, what the hell are you doing in OOT? You are confusing the masses with cogently-stated facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

He sure is....way too many readers are completely misinterpreting his post.

Yugoslav