Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2005, 05:28 PM

Default Re: On David\'s Line

[ QUOTE ]
Thing is, we could have had a very cool discussion about all this, but unfortunately, Hobbes turned it into a showdown at the OK corral

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, we were all happily in agreement until mean 'ol Hobbes came along and spoiled the fun.

[ QUOTE ]
I have no more burden of proof to demonstrate my skills, training or experience than Hobbes has to demonstrate his

[/ QUOTE ]

Except that you asserted that you've "studied this stuff" and concluded with "nuff said," therebye arguing that your expertise was sufficent to end all debate.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going to leave this thread with one piece of advice for Snowball: resolve to be this girl's FRIEND. Be the coolest friend in the world, but do NOT attempt to seduce her, or to do "date" things. Refer to her as your "buddy." Do friend stuff. Hang out, go dancing, shoot pool, whatever. Ask her about other women you're interested in. DATE other women (hanging with a hot girl will give you mad value in other women's eyes). Above all, don't expect to ever do the nasty with her.

Don't be surprised, though, if one night, out of the blue, she attacks you. You can decide what to do about that if and when it happens.

[/ QUOTE ]

Terrible advice. Resolving to be "friends" with a woman you are overwhelmingly attracted to will lead to frustration and unhappiness. You can't put aside these feelings, and you will be reduced to having a dishonest relationship with her because your attraction will always be in competition with your friendship.

Say your new "friend" wants some dating advice. Now how honest are you going to be able to be with her? Can you really be fully supportive as a "friend" when she brings Biff over to meet you?

Besides, befriending a woman in hopes that she may one day "decide to jump you" is fundamentally dishonest. Also, our expert friend here, who has decided to put me on ignore, should be aware that women know all about this sneaky little tactic. My wife calls men who pull this stunt, "Snakes in the Grass."

But, hey, what do I know? I haven't "studied this stuff."
Old 10-31-2005, 05:49 PM

Gots a question for ya hobbes, since the expert has departed.

What about coming clean, with no expectation of getting laid.

Something (hopefully smoother than this, but this is spur of the moment) like: "Hey I wanted to date you, but I'd be cool just being friends." That way, it's out in the open, and if she decides to be friends, that's cool.

Women say they hate games, but they all play them. I prefer things to be blunt and out in the open. Are there any chances that this open admission could lead to a date?

Just wondering.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hee hee. Still here, just watching the bad advice. And Hobbes is the only one who has said I'm an expert, and, well, he's been known to be wrong about a lot of stuff...

[ QUOTE ]
What about coming clean, with no expectation of getting laid.

[/ QUOTE ]
That's a fine idea (although requiring more cojones than OP may be able to muster), so I'm guessing Hobbes will hate it. Or more precisely, his wife will hate it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-31-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Something (hopefully smoother than this, but this is spur of the moment) like: "Hey I wanted to date you, but I'd be cool just being friends." That way, it's out in the open, and if she decides to be friends, that's cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I don't care for that at all. It's just another hedge. I'm of the opinion that friendship and dating are two different things, and shouldn't be mixed.

I just don't think this situation is a winner. Our hero should just ask her out, get his answer (most probably a no)and move on.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Or more precisely, his wife will hate it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh, zinger!!!!!

Thought you put me on ignore.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: Whats the best way to read women?

[ QUOTE ]
I will not let SNOWBALL138, or 2+2 down should he accept my proposition. On that I guarantee or I promise to renounce my title at 2+2.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

After our coaching session on Sunday, I believe the odds against him succeeding have been lowered. Together we worked on a self analysis and acquisition strategy to pinpoint the following:

1) How he views himself
2) How he views her
3) How she views him (vs how he views himself)
4) What is the compatible middle ground
5) How to adapt the environment to accentuate the positive - Ty's patented TOTAL CONTROL formula.

Snowball has what it takes, using my methodology (or an adaption of the methodology if he choses to take the advanced course) he has improved his chances for success by 8%-10%.

Good luck Snowball... don't let me, or all of 2+2 down. You represent every geeky card player who ever was afraid to set their goals high, seize the day!

Old 10-31-2005, 09:09 PM

Tell me more about this patented Total Control formula, 'cause I'm digging the title a lot.

Also, I think that you should be sharing your techniques with the group for further debate and analysis. This thread could serve as a future jumping off point for similar questions/situations.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I will not let SNOWBALL138, or 2+2 down should he accept my proposition. On that I guarantee or I promise to renounce my title at 2+2.

[/ QUOTE ]

After our coaching session on Sunday, I believe the odds against him succeeding have been lowered. Together we worked on a self analysis and acquisition strategy to pinpoint the following:

1) How he views himself
2) How he views her
3) How she views him (vs how he views himself)
4) What is the compatible middle ground
5) How to adapt the environment to accentuate the positive - Ty's patented TOTAL CONTROL formula.

Snowball has what it takes, using my methodology (or an adaption of the methodology if he choses to take the advanced course) he has improved his chances for success by 8%-10%.

Good luck Snowball... don't let me, or all of 2+2 down. You represent every geeky card player who ever was afraid to set their goals high, seize the day!

[/ QUOTE ]

So yeah how does one make an appoitment again?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Tell me more about this patented Total Control formula, 'cause I'm digging the title a lot.

Also, I think that you should be sharing your techniques with the group for further debate and analysis. This thread could serve as a future jumping off point for similar questions/situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its patented. You can negotiate a license fee if you like...

Old 11-01-2005, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hee hee. Still here, just watching the bad advice. And Hobbes is the only one who has said I'm an expert, and, well, he's been known to be wrong about a lot of stuff...

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you said you "studied this stuff" and therefore was more qualified than Hobbes to advise our OP here, implying that you're the expert in this field.