Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2004, 09:20 PM

Default Re: To BreakEvenPlayer From Grandgnu

please please answer my question...i am dying for a response. a response directly related to you hiding behind your computer screen question. i really really don't think anyone, above the age of 13, can be that stupid. and for the last time, if you respond with the same babble about the media and over sensitivity and the fact that you not thinking asians are inferior makes it ok, i will leave this post forever. i'm sure everyone at two plus two will appreciate it.

mmcd, please, all im asking for is a response to the question. you say the reason many people won't make these type of jokes in a live game is obvious. TELL ME WHY. don't comment about anything else in your next post, just explain to someone like me why. is it because you are gonna look like a douchebag to make racial jokes like this in public? if so, why would you be any less of a douchebag to do it in an online poker room? answer this, im begging you to.

patient77
Old 11-11-2004, 09:23 PM

mmcd and grandgnu,
read my last three posts, answer the ONE question i repeat in the last three posts, and i will declare you two extremely racially tolerant, funny, and intelligent guys. one coherent response to my question and i will leave this post forever. i promise.

patient77
Old 11-11-2004, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
mmcd and grandgnu,
read my last three posts, answer the ONE question i repeat in the last three posts, and i will declare you two extremely racially tolerant, funny, and intelligent guys. one coherent response to my question and i will leave this post forever. i promise.

patient77

[/ QUOTE ]

These two meatheads may in fact be smarter than they appear. If they do this crap JUST to put people on a tilt . . . I think they may be on to something.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy

Sorry patient77, I just couldn't resist. You really seem to be exhibiting all the classic signs of a "guy on tilt".
Old 11-11-2004, 09:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
look, in a bar with friends or a home game with buddies, i understand hearing jokes, racial or not. but are u gonna walk up to a stranger in a bar and start saying ching chong chang or rough out roud to him? no, why, cause you'd look like a jackass, the way grandgnu looks like a jackass when typing them out online. wat you don't understand is you are a douchebag because you have to hide behind anonymity to do it. blaming it on the media is immature and ridiculous.
patient77

[/ QUOTE ]

AHA! As Darth Vader Would Say........"I have you now...."

So what YOU are saying is that it's ok to tell jokes that might offend people as long as those people aren't around. It's ok to be a "racist" (since this is what you're saying about me) as long as you are a "racist" in private.

How is being a "racist" ok, in private or public? Again, my comments are not "racist". They are not calling any group of people inferior, they are making fun of a common problem that asian people have with a couple of english letters.

To say that I'm "racist" because of this is 100% incorrect and warped, get your head checked. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

your friends know that you are joking and are not being racist. It does not come across that way in public to strangers. Nice try though.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:56 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: Answer To Patient77

[ QUOTE ]
please please answer my question...i am dying for a response. a response directly related to you hiding behind your computer screen question. i really really don't think anyone, above the age of 13, can be that stupid. and for the last time, if you respond with the same babble about the media and over sensitivity and the fact that you not thinking asians are inferior makes it ok, i will leave this post forever. i'm sure everyone at two plus two will appreciate it.

mmcd, please, all im asking for is a response to the question. you say the reason many people won't make these type of jokes in a live game is obvious. TELL ME WHY. don't comment about anything else in your next post, just explain to someone like me why. is it because you are gonna look like a douchebag to make racial jokes like this in public? if so, why would you be any less of a douchebag to do it in an online poker room? answer this, im begging you to.

patient77

[/ QUOTE ]

The answer is simple. In the online poker forum you can use a picture to represent "you". The image I chose originally was Cartman from South Park, and I played that character in my chat. Then I switched it to "cheeky chappy" from "Banzai!" who is obviously asian himself and was involved in a show with many stereotypes of asians, and now I act out that character in the online setting.

In a live setting I obviously do not have a picture representing me and thus will be myself since saying "velly rice" to an asian person when I am not obviously in character as online wouldn't look right.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:57 PM

Location: Pokah Is Nice, I Love Play Pokah (Chau Giang quote) Location: Massachusetts
Default Re: To PoorLawyer

[ QUOTE ]
your friends know that you are joking and are not being racist. It does not come across that way in public to strangers. Nice try though.

[/ QUOTE ]

So then the problem is peoples misinterpretation of my intentions, not my actual actions.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:03 PM

Default Re: To Patient77 again

[ QUOTE ]
according to you, the way a person takes offense to a comment is determined by the intention of the offender. if i don't hate sand niggers or think that they are inferior to me, is it still okay for me to call them one. maybe they will get offended by it. but according to you, it's intent that determines how offensive a joke or comment is. you may not think that saying velly rice or watever is offensive, but to others, it is. just because you saw it on tv or don't think asians are inferior doesn't make it okay, just like i shouldn't use the term wetback because i personally don't find it offensive.

CAN YOU GET THAT THROUGH YOUR IGNORANT SKULL???

and just so you know, saying ching chong chang, and remarks like that are meant to "offend specific groups and put those people down." DO YOU UNDERSTAND, for a long time, racial jokes and remarks like yours, "OFFEND SPECIFIC GROUPS AND PUT THOSE PEOPLE DOWN" Read that over.... just because chris tucker made a joke, doesn't mean it's not offensive and every douchebag who heard it can use it non offensively.

PLEASE TELL ME THAT YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THIS...and you aren't gonna repeat, well, if comedians say it, so are you gonna tell all comedians to stop too? you really really can't be that dumb. I took a quote directly from your post and told you it is "outright derogatory and meant to offend specific groups and put those people down". and no, i'm not being just overly sensitive. do you get it now?

patient77

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I completely understand what you're saying. And no, I don't believe that using terms like "sand niggers", "spics", "wops", "guinies", "gooks", etc. is acceptable.

Those are terms that have specific negative connontations associated with them in refering DOWN to another group of people.

But, the portrayal of Italians as mobsters in movies, or of an asian person having a problem with certain english letters is NOT racist or meant to put down a group. It is a generalization of the actions of some people within a specific group. It is based on reality in that there were Italians who were mobsters and fit that profile, and there are asians who have trouble speaking "en-ga-resh", etc. This does not make my comments "racist". Could they be "racial"? Sure, because they focus on the actions of a specific group. But are they mean-spirited or carry a meaning that is meant to refer to another group as inferior, certainly not.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Re: To Liz L

[ QUOTE ]
I believe that grandgnu believes he isn't a racist.

I believe that he is a racist.

By my standards, he isn't funny and I would guess never has been. More to the point, he desperately seeks attention, which he's getting here.

If I were to read his pathetic attempts at humor at the poker table, I would take them as an indication of low IQ and make a point of staying put and taking his money.

He doesn't get it, and is incapable of ever getting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that anytime someone doesn't share your views and beliefs they must have a low IQ? And if someone does have a low IQ, does this make them less important to society than someone with a higher IQ?

There is character to consider as well. Someone with a high IQ might also carry a superiority complex, or be lazy. While someone with a lower IQ might be a much harder worker, more dedicated and spirited.

Everyone in the world has a place and a purpose. It doesn't matter to me if you're the janitor or the CEO, or if you're white or black, retarded or a genius, you're still a person and have value.

But I enjoy the differences in life, and I choose to enjoy the humor associated with them. If this means I must have a low IQ according to your beliefs, so be it.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:54 PM

Default Re: To PoorLawyer

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So then the problem is peoples misinterpretation of my intentions, not my actual actions.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok everyone be still and quiet. We may be having a breakthrough here and I don't want to break his concentration.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:56 PM

Default Re: To Liz L

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I believe that grandgnu believes he isn't a racist.

I believe that he is a racist.

By my standards, he isn't funny and I would guess never has been. More to the point, he desperately seeks attention, which he's getting here.

If I were to read his pathetic attempts at humor at the poker table, I would take them as an indication of low IQ and make a point of staying put and taking his money.

He doesn't get it, and is incapable of ever getting it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that anytime someone doesn't share your views and beliefs they must have a low IQ? And if someone does have a low IQ, does this make them less important to society than someone with a higher IQ?

There is character to consider as well. Someone with a high IQ might also carry a superiority complex, or be lazy. While someone with a lower IQ might be a much harder worker, more dedicated and spirited.

Everyone in the world has a place and a purpose. It doesn't matter to me if you're the janitor or the CEO, or if you're white or black, retarded or a genius, you're still a person and have value.

But I enjoy the differences in life, and I choose to enjoy the humor associated with them. If this means I must have a low IQ according to your beliefs, so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think she was just trying to say that you are too dumb to realize that you are not funny.