Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the more legendary SNG player?
Gigabet 127 85.23%
Raptor 22 14.77%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2005, 10:34 PM

Default Re: Brand Spankin\' New Glock 19

[ QUOTE ]
what have you debunked??

[/ QUOTE ]

you made an entire post with a bunch of facts and i explained why each one was not of any relevance.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you have to say about this? Not relevant? spin-doctored? now what.

regarding CC permits "I...[felt] that such legislation present[ed] a clear and present danger to law-abiding citizens by placing more handguns on our streets. Boy was I wrong. Our experience in Harris County, and indeed statewide, has proven my fears absolutely groundless".

-J. Holmes Harris County Texas District Attourney, 1997

Post Extras:

[/ QUOTE ]

So one guy in one county agrees with you. I guess that proves it, I was wrong all along.
Old 11-15-2005, 10:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My point was that there is no way that you can definitively prove that a concealed weapon saved any life.

[/ QUOTE ]

You refuse to change your mind. This is proof that you won't ever look at this a different way. That's alright. I can't prove it. But I damn sure believe my gun has the potential to save my life, or that of my family. That's enough for me.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:06 PM

"My point was that there is no way that you can definitively prove that a concealed weapon saved any life."

how many times do you need to be DIRECTLY REFUTED before you'll stop spewing dangerous fact denying propaganda?

1. Following a ride in a cab, a 17 year old Newport, Rhode Island, youth tried to rob the driver. The youth first threw a large rock at the driver, hitting him in the head, and then he pulled out a long screwdriver and threatened to kill him. The quick thinking cabbie stepped on the gas-- throwing the youth against the seat-- then stopped and pulled a 9 mm pistol, which he was licensed to carry. He radioed his dispatchers to call police and held the youth until they arrived. The young crook had a history of criminal activity and had been reported missing from a state program for juvenile offenders.
(The Journal-Bulletin, Providence, RI, 7/4/97)

2. Robert Fray of Terrytown, Louisiana, is more wary of giving rides to strangers now. After Fray drove two men to a town outside New Orleans, one put a knife to his throat and tried to rob him. As the three men struggled, Fray reached into the console of his car and drew a .38 semi-automatic pistol, shooting one of the thieves. The two crooks tried to escape but were apprehended by police. Police did not charge Fray as his actions appeared to be in self defense. (The Times-Picayune, New Orleans, LA, 8/7/97)

3. Alarmed at the sound of gunfire in the halls of his Pearl, Mississippi high school, Assistant Principal Joel Myrick ran to his car to retrieve a pistol. The shooter was an armed student who marched through the school firing on his fellow classmates and teachers. The assailant's efforts to escape the scene ground to a halt when another student used his own vehicle to force the suspect's white car into the grass, where it spun to a stop. Myrick used the delay to catch up to the armed student and hold him for police. Pearl schools Superintendent Bill Dodson said of Myrick, "We think he's a hero for keeping more lives from being lost. The young man with the gun still had rounds in the rifle and could have injured other people." (The Clarion-Ledger, Jackson, MS, 10/2/97)

4. It's not everyday that a man kneels on top of you while holding a gun to your head. When Gregory Blackinton, a right-to-carry permit holder, saw this happening to someone in Hartford, Connecticut. He drew his pistol and ordered the attacker to stop. When the armed hood turned his pistol on him, Blackinton fired. The wounded man was arrested and charged with carjacking and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.
(The Day, Hartford, CT, 10/12/97)

5. Las Cruces, New Mexico, street cleaners Ramon Zamora and Jesus Zavala had been robbed before. They decided to do something about it and got carry permits for their 9mm pistols. When Accosted by three youths who brandished pistols and threatened to rob them, the pair drew their own pistols and shot the three attackers, killing one and wounding the two others. Zamora and Zavala were not charged.
(Sun News, Las Cruces, NM, 10/12/97)
Old 11-15-2005, 11:24 PM

This didn't prove anything. These were attempted robberies not attempteed murders. That was my whole point and you just validated it with your post.

edit: The only one that wasn't was the one with the school shooter and I bet I can guess where he got the gun.....his ignorant irresponsible gun owning parents. Thank god they were practicing there right to bear arms. Something awful may have happened had they been denied this right.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
4. It's not everyday that a man kneels on top of you while holding a gun to your head. When Gregory Blackinton, a right-to-carry permit holder, saw this happening to someone in Hartford, Connecticut. He drew his pistol and ordered the attacker to stop. When the armed hood turned his pistol on him, Blackinton fired. The wounded man was arrested and charged with carjacking and possession of a weapon by a convicted felon.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the exact reason why this is such a horrible law. The person in question had no idea why the attacker had a gun to the head of this person. This may have been an attempted robbery or something that could have ended peacefully. Instead somebody decided to take the law into their own hands and puts an innocent life in even more danger. The last thing I want if some guy has a gun to my head is for somebody to startle him with a gun of their own.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:14 AM

ok, here's 5 more people for you to convince having a concealed carry gun is a bad thing.

6. William Cobb of Baton Rouge, Louisiana, is glad he carries a pistol on him at all times. While mowing his lawn one afternoon, he was approached by a masked man armed with a pistol and demanding money. Cobb obliged him. When the crook demanded more, Cobb drew his own .38 caliber revolver and shot the man, killing him. Police said, "He was put in a position where he had no choice... He was going to give up the money. He had no intention of pulling the gun."
(Daily Advocate, Baton Rouge, LA, 10/14/97)

7. After his son alerted him to a gun-fight in progress near their home, Michael McIntee of Towner, North Dakota grabbed a .22-250 rifle and went to investigate. He found a county sheriff wounded and a man threatening to kill a woman and two children. Believing the sheriff dead, McIntee fired once, hitting the man. The woman began to flee, and the man shot at her. McIntee fired once more, stopping the attack. The man, who turned out to be the woman's ex-husband, then turned his own gun on himself. He had a history of spousal abuse and violence, McIntee said, "My goal was to prevent him from killing her and the kids."
(Herald, Grand Forks, ND, 10/15/97)

8. While withdrawing money from a Memphis, Tennessee, ATM, Bobby Holland was approached by two men, one of whom was armed. The two demanded money, but Holland, a concealed-carry permit holder, drew a pistol instead and shot them. Police are investigating the two suspects in connection with other area robberies. Holland will not be charged.
(The Commercial Appeal, Memphis, TN, 10/17/97)

9. When a masked man armed with a shotgun burst into Sam's St. John's Seafood restaurant in Jacksonville, Florida, and announced a robbery, diners Oscar Moore and Robert Guerry were spurred into action. As the man held terrified patrons and demanded that a waitress open the cash register, Moore and Guerry, both armed with .22 caliber pistols, opened fire, hitting the robber several times. The suspect fled but was later apprehended and charged with armed robbery. Moore said, "Somewhere along the line, we the people have to start protecting ourselves."
(The Times-Union, Jacksonville, FL, 10/24/97)

10. A youth armed with a butcher knife and a .25 caliber pistol entered Allen Khouja's Bridgeport, Connecticut market and demanded money. Khouja had begun to comply when the would-be robber shot at him. Khouja then drew his .38 caliber revolver and fatally wounded the young vagabond.
(Journal Inquirer, Bridgeport, CT, 10/31/97)
Old 11-16-2005, 01:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ok, here's 5 more people for you to convince having a concealed carry gun is a bad thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, when are you going to get the point. These are all robberies. The gun didn't save the person's life it just saved their property.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, when are you going to get the point. These are all robberies. The gun didn't save the person's life it just saved their property.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Khouja had begun to comply when the would-be robber shot at him. Khouja then drew his .38 caliber revolver and fatally wounded the young vagabond"

maybe when you learn to read, someone will take you seriously.
Old 11-16-2005, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"Khouja had begun to comply when the would-be robber shot at him. Khouja then drew his .38 caliber revolver and fatally wounded the young vagabond"

maybe when you learn to read, someone will take you seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading after your first example considering you had missed the point yet again. So you've found one example where carrying a handgun may have saved a life. That's not enough to convince me it's a good idea.