Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2005, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Advice on Moving Beyond 30/60 Online

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I haven't really read this thread, but I enjoy a good game of Pokerstars 100/200 more than most guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy a good game of Pokerstars 100/200 when you're in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I enjoy a good game of 1/2 when you are both in it! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Did I say 1/2? I mean $1/$2 hahahaha... imagine the good time, when I am TOTALLY comfortable with the limit i am playing??

SWEET!

- Kenny
Old 08-03-2005, 05:36 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: BK, is that you?

i've been datamining the stars 100 game for weeks and i haven't really seen great opportunities there. that's the only one that seems available and frequent enough for me to hit even if it were for just 1 table. the party 50 and 100 games have a 10 year wait list. ub's stuff never really gets going, and every time i look at interpoker everything over the 20 pound game is dead. a lot of it could have to do with the fact that i work full time, sleep a fairly regular schedule, spend time with my gf, and play a lot of board/card games. my play windows are pretty narrow, but despite it i'm able to put in 50-60 hours per month.

it seems like interpoker and ub would be the place for rare opportunities, but timing-wise it's simply not there for me. if party uncaps the 50 game i think it could get interesting, but i think it would be more likely that the fragmentation would just get worse. i wouldn't mind it if they turned the 20 game into a 25/50 6max, pitched the 30 game, and uncapped the 50.

even without my level of time constraints, i think people grossly overestimate how attractive a given game is and grossly underestimate how much the swings could affect them. consistency and metered low-risk growth are often devalued in favor of big sessions and ego. in a community like this, there tends to be a bandwagon factor because people don't want to get left behind in what is seen as progress. for me, progress is a consistent large paycheck that i'll continue to collect until i apply it to non-poker ventures. at that point maybe i'll give a crap about randomly available high limit games, but maybe it will be tournaments instead.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:44 PM

Have we ever hosted a competitive low limit table instead of a low limit donkfest before? Reading this thread makes it seem like if we can get some good players to sit down at a limit which is more financially sound, it'd be a nice learning experience.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:53 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters

i would be up for something like that occasionally, but only on stars.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:32 PM

I don't care either. When someone posts their winrate it means nothing to me, but you seem to be saying that you can evaluate something from a winrate and not care about it at the same time. If the poster said he made 8 BB/100 would you still think he had "serious bank" whether you care or not?