Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 02:56 AM

Default Re: ***The OFFICIAL Cardinals vs. Astros NLCS Thread***

[ QUOTE ]
Huge slip differential.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just quoted Steve Lyons. Fold your next pair of aces.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Huge slip differential.

[/ QUOTE ]

You just quoted Steve Lyons. Fold your next pair of aces.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care who I quoted -- everyone knows what I meant, which is easier than saying "huge difference in MPH between his fastball and his hook curve"..."slip differential" -- much faster, easier. I like the term, personally.

And no - I won't.
Old 10-14-2005, 09:25 AM

Coming out of St. Louis is a victory for sure. Still saw alot of mistakes from the Astros' hitting but they got the job done. Pressure shifts to St. Louis now, IMO.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:15 AM

Yeah, I'd never heard this term before but I don't really like it. It sounds like you are a mechanic when you say it.

Just call it big speed differential... what does slip mean?
Old 10-14-2005, 10:19 AM

Default Re: Most RBI\'s in one post season

What are you mad about?? I don't get it..

And Berkman isn't that big, he's like 6'1" 220 and all fat.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:22 AM

I never said O was gonna drill people b/c of last night, you tool. I just said nobody will swing 3-0 on him b/c then they will have to answer to chin music at 96mph.

Do you understand how to comprehend basic English?

Comparing Everett running to 3rd (esp. when the official scorere ruled it a triple), on a hit where the outfielder falls down is totally not the same as swinging 3-0 with Larry Walker when up by 3 runs with your ace on the mound.

You don't count anymore.
Old 10-14-2005, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The win tonight by the Astros really sets the series up to be a good one.

Looking forward to Saturday's game.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does everyone keep saying this now? I was saying from before the series started that it would be good. Nobody wanted to hear me. "Astros are 30-39% to win this" they said. "You don't have beltran or kent" they said... blah blah blah.

Oh no, we got rid of a guy who fights with his teammates and another prima donna male-model who claims that the Bible is his favorite book. lol. What will we ever do!?
Old 10-14-2005, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
oh yea, GO CARDS!

[/ QUOTE ]

GO 'STROS!

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought K Steel was doing your talking for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

He thought better of it.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:19 AM

Cards played really bad. Two uncharicteristic mistakes by Yady, Edmonds chokes twice, Reggie spazzes out.

I thought this before the game, but I really thought it was a mistake to pitch Mulder tonight. One, it would've given him 2 more days to heal his arm (though it didn't look like he needed it), two, it would have kept Morris from ever pitching in MM Park which is key since all his gopher balls go out there, while some may be held in at Busch, and three, it keeps Matty Mo out of Game 7 where he's definitely a candidate to pull out the gas can. Letting Mulder pitch in MM and again in Game 7 made way more sense IMO.

That said, the Cards have no one but themselves to blame tonight. Oswalt pitched great, but IMO he's the best of the Houston starters, so that's expected.

Need to win one of the next two, let Carpy pick up the automatic win in game 5, then find a win at Busch in game 6 or 7. Should still be a great series, but the loss definitely puts the Cards behind the 8-ball.
Old 10-14-2005, 11:32 AM

I couldn't agree more with the fact that right now Roy is probably the best starter on the Astros staff right now, and the Cards made some mistakes, but Edmonds got owned at the plate, Oswalt made some great out pitches (not to mention getting key-holed on like 2 balls that were strikes on the inside corner).

But if Reggie can't play for a few games already beat up lineup would really be hurt. Without Reggie 4-9 of the Astros lineup is better than the Cards, IMO. That really only leaves two real threats to really hurt you in Edmonds and Pujols, and with no one to protect Albert he won't see anything to hit.

I also think LaRussa is making a mistake in not starting Marquis in game 4 he pitched lights out against the Astros all year. And I think Game 5 with a Carpenter/Pettitte rematch is anything but a lock, since Pettitte has a 2.12 ERA at home this year.

All year long the Astros have been a better team at home then on the road, and I think they pick up 2 out of the next 3 and go to St. Louis having to be beat twice with Oswalt and Clemens ready to go.